Asking for an honest opinion…please.

Hello all you Ratsuners. Hope this post piques your interest enough to take a moment to put your honest two cents in.

I recently listed a pair of 510 front seats up on ebay in order to fund work on my '71 Wagon.

I wrote up a description, posted multiple pictures, & urged any potential bidders to please ask any questions before bidding so that I could clarify anything that might be unclear.

They didn't sell 1st time around for my low reserve so I reposted them with a super cheap "buy it now" price of $85.

The guy who bought them jumped on that price within 20 minutes & that was that. Until...

He apparently realized he hadn't asked any questions before bidding, didn't review the description or look closely at the pictures I provided.

Please, if you don't mind, I'd welcome you to take a look at the link below & see if you would take the same position or not. He says I misled him, that the seats are not complete like I claimed they were, & now wants me to find/buy him brackets or refund his $ plus shipping costs to return them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221847238563?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

I really appreciate your input…good or bad.

Thanks,

Angela

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WYSIWYG.  Guy sounds like an idiot if he thought they had anything else not in the pictures.  You clearly stated "This auction is for 2 Datsun headrests, 2 seat backs, & 2 bottom cushions. Please see pictures as this is exactly what you'll receive.”  Couldn't be more clear.

Cool to see you're from A town.  I'm from AG, now in SB...would rather be back in AG :P

I would have to agree

You posted this is what your getting

Look and ask question before bidding

He or she didn't

And now sounds like they have buyers remorse

I do agree with datsunfeak, and have when I post on eBay it's no returns no refunds! so ask questions before buying

I would tell him sorry but you got what was in the picture

Farmer

I would say seats should come with rails, but then shipping is extra heavy and a bitch.  And you didn't mention rails in the ad, and the picture clearly shows without rails.  Fine line maybe, but $85 for a pair of recovered seats is a freakin' deal.  Tell him to kick rocks or re-list it.

This auction is for 2 Datsun headrests, 2 seat backs, & 2 bottom cushions. Please see pictures as this is exactly what you'll receive.

Here is a very decent pair of original Datsun 510 front seats that may at some point have been reupholstered with newer materials. Both driver side & passenger side come with Datsun headrests. Seats themselves have minimal wear for as old as they are. Please review all photos to in order to help you decide if these are what you're looking for. Each seat still sports the original badging. Extremely rare!

Please ask questions before placing your bid & I will try my best to answer them. Buyer is welcome to pick these up or pay actual shipping to wherever you are. Please disregard Ebay's suggested shipping price...I will provide you with the actual shipping quote based on your location OR you may research shipping options with the package information I've provided below. Once the winning bidder gives me a shipping address, I will get you an accurate shipping quote & payment shall be due within 3 days.

Angela, I think you have provided at  the very least, a minimum cautionary in your for sale ad plus a good description and a picture. When selling, it's universally understood that the seller always knows more about the object being sold than the buyer. The buyer is at a disadvantage and unless there is a warranty to offset this disadvantage, not expressed or implied here, then caveat emptor applies. The onus is on the buyer to know what he is buying or getting into.

Still, what do you expect from a cheap ass Datsun owner? You know that copper wire was invented by two Datsun owners fighting over a penny, right?

• Like 2

before I even read your for sale ad I looked at the pictures. It is perfectly clear that there is NOTHING under the seat aside from springs and batting.

You ad text is clear and doesn't mention rails.

Your buyer is trying to scare/scam you into giving more parts for free. 

Keep track of all correspondence with the buyer.  You may need it to resolve any complaints or bad ratings with Ebay.

• Like 1

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

It's so nice to have multiple reality checks!

This guy is being a total tool…even though I've even tried to be nice & help find the seat parts he wants! He's expecting me to buy the parts too 'cos he thinks I duped him. Looks like ebay is gonna get involved now. I've got perfect feedback & this turd better not try & ruin it.

I really appreciate all the advice, comments & food for thought : )

Viva Ratsun!

• Like 3

I agree with all the above. He sounds like a newbie that doesn't know about 510s. I would fight it out. eBay does not always find in favor of the buyer. You are in the right in this case.

I think I have the slider rails so you can put him in touch with me if you want.

qwik510@aol.com

301-651-7788

David

• Like 1

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

It's so nice to have multiple reality checks!

This guy is being a total tool…even though I've even tried to be nice & help find the seat parts he wants! He's expecting me to buy the parts too 'cos he thinks I duped him. Looks like ebay is gonna get involved now. I've got perfect feedback & this turd better not try & ruin it.

I really appreciate all the advice, comments & food for thought : )

Viva Ratsun!

Don't worry about the feedback, it's really no big deal.  I have a few negatives now after dealing with a-holes like you're experiencing.  Because ebay changed the way they report feedback years ago (to make things look like nothing bad ever happens), it only calculates your rating for the last 12 months and as long as you go the year without any negatives, any previous have no affect and you will go back to 100% positive.

If I listed these, I'd know the buyer would want rails. Therefore, I'd mention "No Rails" in the ad. Listing everything that is included seems suspicious when such a needed item is discluded. As it is harder to notice the missing piece. I suspect you knew this when listing, but that is blind accusation.

Not ripping on you. Selling is an art. But in honesty, I think it should have been clearly spelled out.

• Like 2

If I listed these, I'd know the buyer would want rails. Therefore, I'd mention "No Rails" in the ad. Listing everything that is included seems suspicious when such a needed item is discluded. As it is harder to notice the missing piece. I suspect you knew this when listing, but that is blind accusation.

Not ripping on you. Selling is an art. But in honesty, I think it should have been clearly spelled out.

I'd agree if these were aftermarket/universal seats, but they are stock seats.  I'd liken this to selling a 510 bumper with no pictures of any brackets/hardware, then having the buyer complain the brackets weren't included.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter if the rails are harder to find the seats, or including that no rails come with the seats, it is the buyer's responsibility to verify what he's purchasing. If rails are not pictured, then he should ask if rails are included. But she also clearly stated that you're buying what you see. This is just a retarded buyer.

It doesn't matter if the rails are harder to find the seats, or including that no rails come with the seats, it is the buyer's responsibility to verify what he's purchasing. If rails are not pictured, then he should ask if rails are included. But she also clearly stated that you're buying what you see. This is just a retarded buyer.

Yes buyers responsibilty to verify whats being purchased.And maybe sellers responsibilty to be clear if they want to keep their positive feedback.I admit i had to read that ad twice after reading this post before i realized there were no seat rails included.Im not defending the buyer !

• Like 1