82 210 Wagon needs...

strutwagon

my first post here!  i bought an 82' 210 wagon 2 years ago and it has been across the country twice!  i have replaced nearly every bushing, belt and hose, rebuilt the carb at least 4 times,  well, like all good shade-tree stoney mechanics, i did something quite silly.  while changing the front strut cartrigdes, i lowered the car to ground with the strut mount bearing under the spring perch!  ugh.  well, thankfully nothing was damaged except the strut bearing itself, which had its inner diameter stretched and puckered out by about a 1/4.  thinking that this was a good thing, i proceeded to try and track down a strut bearing.  i live on the north east coast and it seems that there are not many junkyards that even have foreign cars older than 1990 anymore.  no nissan dealership in the country has the bearing. not rockauto, rareparts, jcwhitney, ebay...i found a company from peru that sells the specific bearing made by ntn...but they don't have consumer level sales.  pretty much nothing.  this is our daily driver and my wife is getting anxious.  i have read alot about 280zx swaps and i know there is a forum member on ratsun who lives in chico, ca selling a set of 280zx's for a fair deal (might not be wanting to ship them though).  further research on ratsun clued me in to using camber plates that fit a 240sx and and aftermarket coilovers.  looking on ebay, i found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-NISSAN-240SX-SILVIA-S13-S14-COILOVER-Camber-Plate-Top-Mount-1989-1994-/111492892704?hash=item19f57e8820&vxp=mtr  would those work?  and if so, how exactly?  what would i need to do?  my goal is to do this as quickly as possible, use as many of the parts i already have (as all i absolutely need is a small bearing and dust seal), as inexpensively as possible.  sounds like a DIY motto.  maybe its my lack of visualization, but i know there has to be a fairly simple and/or relatively low-cost way of getting her back on the road, i just can't for the life of me find it yet!  anyone have any ideas? .

ps- will post some pics of her tomorrow

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello  strutwagon and welcome to Ratsun.

If this bearing is the one at the top of the strut under the 'top hat', it's Nissan part number 54325-H1000 (have you tried the dealer?) and in addition to the 210 was also used on the 1200, B-210, S10/S110 (first and second gen 200sx)  and the A10 (Later '78-'81 HL510). It's designed to carry the front end weight of the car and with the strut removed I can't see how it would be damaged and look forward to your picture.

i was finally able to post the pic of the bearing, wheh!  here it is.  this is after i took it to a garage to try and fix it...which all they were able to do was squish it so the bearing is now a very tiny coaster. 

n1orus.jpg

i ordered these from ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Set-of-2-Heavy-Duty-K9476-Suspension-Strut-Bearing-Front-Upper-/141674030674?hash=item20fc6e2652&vxp=mtr

they should be able to replace the bearings on my wagon without any modifications or problems, yes?

here's the old gal

2h2h9w2.jpg

and her A15

33z66hk.jpg

the interior needs new seats and carpeting.  the panels are pretty good and the headliner is in great shape.  need a dome light cover.  i am pretty sure she was in an accident at some point in her life as there is a door spring missing.  ah well.

• Like 1

well, i order two different sets of bearings... one set for an 80' 280zx and one set that was for an 83' 200sx. Neither of the bearing sets fits. the 280zx is too big(already sent them back, forgot pics) and the 200sx are even bigger. i took a side by side pic that i will upload in a minute...but yeah, the car has been jacked up for over 2 weeks now...should i just try and get coilovers and camber plates? any suggestion on those? anybody? ps- thanks for the warm welcome and what help you could offer kingrat. is there any more info i could offer that would help you? 1982 210 Deluxe Wagon 1.5L A15. Thanks again.

here is the comparison photo-

QsQvijt.jpg

sorry for the crappy photo quality, but its easy to see my messed up bearing on the left and the 200sx bearing on the right.  the 280zx was just a bit smaller than the 200sx. 

this is the link to the bearing product listing for the 200sx: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141674030674?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

anyhelp would be much appreciated!  have a blessed day!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to everyone who replied! i finally got the correct bearing! i was blessed to come across 'Rod's Discount Datsun Parts' at this web address: http://www.rodsdatsun.com/

Rod is absolutely an awesome guy in San Jose who went out of his way to find my bearing and was very reasonable with his fee. He just seemed like a very sweet older fella who loves to fish! Thanks Rod! and thanks Ratsun! a wonderful place for those with great taste (in cars!) Blessings everyone!

Dome light part #26410H8500. This is for the round dome light. Lens part # 26411H8500.

Square dome light. Part # 26590H8700 & 26590N9400 (black), 26590H8710 (brown), 26590H9100 (blue). Part number for just the cover is 26591H8700.

I couldn't remember if the wagon had a square light or not so I gave you both. I think it's square like the hatchback.