Being broke, broke and more broke

Eomund

I know being broke is a part of the Datsun condition. I'm just wondering how you all continue your cars on our budgets? It doesn't help I just picked up a Versa for a daily.

Thankfully my lil truck is running like a sweetheart, but I really want to get started on the body work and interior. But I'm looking at some big outputs financially before I can do either.

But hey, at least she drives (and well too), which is far better than not.

More of a random bit of ranting and rambling. Add what you like. How to work on your trucks on a budget, whatever.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, know what you mean, between financial responsibilities and family and such it is challenging. Luckily here in the datsun family, someone has what you need or is willing to help. Usually these guys all live relatively close to each other and know people and they hang out and such. But anyway don't give up!!!

So are you asking how to work on your truck on a budget? 

If so take what needs to be done first 

Then slowly save your money to buy what you don't need.

Do you work or parents throwing the cash out

Ya, I'm 30, so yes I work.

And my question was more rhetorical than anything else. And maybe as a discussion point for working on your datto on a budget.

And I agree, do what needs to be done first. Why I have a rebuilt 2.0, weber new tires, rebuilt brakes and rewired almost the whole thing.

One big plus is as it works, she aint costing me a thing while I can't afford to do anything else.

Haha, I live in the Santa Barbara area.... Might be another reason why I'm broke lol.

But as I said in the first post, I need to re build the entire interior. Suckers in baaad shape. So I can drive it, I covered the seat with some old carpet I got at home depot. I also need to start more on the body work. I've started a bit of it, but I will need to be ready for paint almost immediately when I'm done. The paint I'm looking at will run me around $300-400 a gallon.

Again, more rambling just for rhetoric lol. I'm actually not doing so bad.

I'm actually considering getting into fibreglassing my own parts that I still need.... Again that costs money lol.

Go in Airforce or Navy work on airplanes ships or Helocpters.

then get a good job.

Why military ? Cause you didnt have money for school ur parents were broke also and you need to breack the cycle of Poverty.

Save money

then wait for a loser o sell his Datsun cheap cause he knocked up his woman he met on the internet.

Wacking off would have been cheaper and had more money for a nicer car

Haha, I live in the Santa Barbara area.... Might be another reason why I'm broke lol.

But as I said in the first post, I need to re build the entire interior. Suckers in baaad shape. So I can drive it, I covered the seat with some old carpet I got at home depot. I also need to start more on the body work. I've started a bit of it, but I will need to be ready for paint almost immediately when I'm done. The paint I'm looking at will run me around $300-400 a gallon.

Again, more rambling just for rhetoric lol. I'm actually not doing so bad.

I'm actually considering getting into fibreglassing my own parts that I still need.... Again that costs money lol.

So yea first off move out of Never Land Ranch to a 1 bedroom down by the river. Interior well do the seat first followed by the panels and then get to the carpet and if you need to headliner last. Are you trying to amke it just doable or real nice? Body work do one panel at a time until your done, tackle the easy stuff first then move forward to harder area's. I am doing that now on my engine bay easy to hard it works for me at least. You dont have to be a rocket surgeon to figure this out. Good luck

A rocket surgeon??? I like that. I'm gonna keep that one.

The OP can just try to get Mr Tanker to give him all his pocket change. Problem solved.

• Like 1

On a budget and have a fleet. I do just enough to keep them running.

this, but I don't break them one at a time it's always half of them aren't running

Save for the expensive things and then knock out the cheap things little by little. I go opposite of tanker, hard stuff first so it gets easier and easier as you move along otherwise I run out of steam before I get to the hard stuff

• Like 1

this, but I don't break them one at a time it's always half of them aren't running

Save for the expensive things and then knock out the cheap things little by little. I go opposite of tanker, hard stuff first so it gets easier and easier as you move along otherwise I run out of steam before I get to the hard stuff

Either way i just said that since I just got my first welder and I went small on the weld jobs and then going to the bigger welds,but your works to.

SB is almost anti-datsun...

I would like to disagree, but you're kinda right. Thankfully it seems to be growing in my area, myneighbor just picked up a 75 z.

So tanker, got a question. You posted a while back that you had someone in your area that could fix the worm gear on my steering rack. Do you know what the cost would be? Thanks!

Oh, forgot to add. The old carpet was for a project I did like 6 years ago, saw it as a no money out, no butt stab option lol. I'm actually considering some low top single seats like from an old MG for it, but at the same time, I like the bench... Decisions decisions.

What's funny, is as rough as she is, everyone loves her. I even get little kids give my truck props.

My new shift knob :)

1439074711098.jpg

And this is how she sits right now.20140315_173638.jpg

Not horrible, but still rough. Went to a little car show today in her. One thing I cant complain about it how she drives.

And Matt, I always use SB as a general location (as people know where it is). I'm specifically in Lompoc. Close enough, might have to do a mini Datsun meet lol