Datsunvilles next project up to create something 69

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes - floor was a bit rusty between front n back. But fun to learn how to weld that stuff up. Just keep going.

Maybe mount the door and replace spare tire well soon too. The keeper knows his stuff, steers me straight, and I get to do it.

• Like 1

So it was out of about a 95 or 7 bmw. Searched PnP for a while - it was the only round big one I found. Lots of work to get it out. If u want one, to make it easier U might wanna cut off the entire rear first. Next time I'll get more metal for better fit n less work to get it in. Only $15 too.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The new tire well is flush with the trunk and the gas tank is above flush so no chance of interference. With all the patching and black paint it prob looks odd.

No new work in the past two weeks for other reasons - plan to finish door install n som weather strip soon

Might be driving it soon - we will see

• Like 1

I wrote but took a while to "post"

Good Q - it sits maybe 1/2" forward from orig position n is 25" around as opposed to 23" on depth of orig tire well, so it is 1 1/2" further back with this one. I'll have to check it out when I get there this weekend. Maybe I'll just take the gas tank out when I need the spare if that's what it takes - ..|.,

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Last week

Made seat brackets for used junkyard seats. Kinda big seats - almost too big. Passenger seat 3/4 installed. Took forever. Next is driver seat, should be faster install.

Hooked up speedo cable and choke cable too.

Both quarter window latches were broke. Got some kinda Saab 85? quarter window latches. Installed passenger side. Need to make a bracket to attach to existing bracket. A little more custom work than I wanted or thought it would be. I'm hoping it won't look too shitty when all in. Drivers side should install quicker too.

Will add pictures when the seat n latches are all in.

• Like 1

Went to a swap meet and show in long beach so no pics yet.

Show and meet was great lots o cools 510s mostly

That was the best part

Saw a supercharger from an effing Toyota on a 68 2 door - sweat tits

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Dav gave a list of what the 69 had to be finished to b4 he take it home and calls her his daily.

This is one of our last things on the list to put the front radiator support and make that hood fit better.

20160131_130920_resized_zps7nrtrora.jpg

that blows trying to beat the rain only got one pic, well suck it anyway

• Like 1