My Dad passed away yesterday.....

It was sudden with no warning, he was going back home from picking up a load, and near Roseburg Oregon he was reported by motorists that his truck was in the shoulder and the driver leaning on the steering wheel, when state patrol arrived he was already deceased, my brother called me from the hospital in Roseburg with the horrific news, he leaves behind a lifetime wife, 4 kids (all of us adults), 3 grandchildren and his mom, this coming Sunday is my mom's and my birthday...

I'm so torned up and confused right now, why?, he was a great loving husband, father and person, he made anyone who approached him feel important, never hurt a soul.....

He was my dad, mentor, role model and a true hero, he is a huge part of why I was able to build my dime, he was always there when I needed advice and built my awesome carburetor, helped me get it running and walked me through the engine building process, I feel as an explosion went off in my heart leaving a painful vaccum, I don't know how to deal with this, I feel numb, an injury I have on my right forearm that's been bothering me since Monday is completely numb, as if its not there, I know it is since its inflamated still, I'm terrified and confused...

I'm sorry for posting this, but I really need venting and any moral support this community is able to give.

Give your parents lots of love, let them know you love them, once they depart....pain moves in...

Thank you.

Jose Diego Molero (1951 - 2015) just 64.

Here's a short vid of our first start of my dime

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I'm watching my dad's health rapidly decay, but no warning would be a crushing blow. You have my greatest condolences. Peace be with you and your family in this time of grieving.

Don't hesitate to reach out and ask for a shoulder to lean on. Support from others will help you through. If you need someone to talk or vent to, my line is open.

• Like 5

m so torned up and confused right now, why?, he was a great loving husband, father and person, he made anyone who approached him feel important, never hurt a soul.....

He was my dad, mentor, role model and a true hero, he is a huge part of why I was able to build my dime, he was always there when I needed advice and built my awesome carburetor, helped me get it running and walked me through the engine building process, I feel as an explosion went off in my heart leaving a painful vaccum, I don't know how to deal with this, I feel numb, an injury I have on my right forearm that's been bothering me since Monday is completely numb, as if its not there, I know it is since its inflamated still, I'm terrified and confused...

I am so sorry for your loss. I should be so lucky, as to be so thought of, by a loving son such as yourself.  There is no greater pain than the loss of a loved one and it is natural to try to avoid it. Think of your dad daily, talk about him with other family members like he's still there for surely he is. Ever so slowly the pain will pass but don't try to hurry this and don't be surprised how long it takes as there is no correct answer for this. It takes as long as it takes, but you will come out on the other side. They say misery loves company so share with your family as they are hurting in their own way.

You can't feel any pain in your arm because the body prioritizes pain response.  The worst gets the attention and right now it's your heart. You're not alone Jose, others will be thinking of you tonight.

• Like 7

That is beautiful, Skib, thank you.

For now this forum is all I've got, I'm headed home and won't be with any family til then...5 hrs hopefully not more ..

So far all my phone calls have been family and I've broken down crying every time...haven't cried so much since I was just a boy.

Thanks again for the kind words.

• Like 2

My biggest condolences hermano be strong I know the pain of losing family I have so felt it the past 4 years watching my own go one by one young and old it hurts a lot we all go threw the pain. I will hold a prayer for you and your family brotha in this time of pain. Don't feel alone you know you got another big family right here!

• Like 5

this is always sad especially without warning 

my condolences go out to you and all your family and friends 

share your feelings of him with everyone it will help the healing process 

again sorry for your loss and best wishes to make it through this with a strong heart 

• Like 3

Honestly I envy that you lost him suddenly. Watching a long and painful slow battle with cancer which made my father long for death was the worst part about him passing. At least he was the man you knew him as until the day he passed.

Time heals all, never forget the little things.

• Like 4

Hey my brother . I am so sorry. I read this and had to pull over and say something.

Focus on the road , When you get here you call me . I will be right over, and you know I will do anything you need . NO MATTER what time !

The world is full of great men. But there are very few great dad's ! He was one one of the great ones.

Drive safe ! See you soon !

• Like 5

Thank you Al, I really appreciate it, I don't think I'll have the energy to call you today, I just want to get to my uncle's house, shower and try to sleep, last night I got maybe 2 hours...but you know I will call you once the dust settles, my friend.

I'm just so emotionally beaten now, I feel drained.

• Like 2

Oh man, that's terrible.  Sorry to hear it.  There's nothing that can prepare you for something like that.  A good racer guy I knew died the same way  Heart attack without warning, he was like 55.  Focus on the good times, try and get through it the best you can.  Time heals, but it will take time.  From meeting you even briefly at Canby, I'm sure he was a wonderful person.

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear. As many have mentioned we have experienced the pain of loss, but as Mike stated we all deal with and heal in our own ways and time frame.

Keep close to your family and friends.

I am glad that he was a great father, husband, son..Man. To few today.

• Like 1

So very sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through. I lost my dad suddenly 26 years ago. He was getting ready for work that morning and complained of feeling sick to his stomach (a symptom of heart attack). He sat down and before long was unconscious. We called an ambulance and when they came he regained consciousness. Went to the hospital and he passed on. All within a 45 minute period. Sudden, out of nowhere. We were thankful he hadn't been driving at the time. Be thankful he was a positive in your life and you had him for a long time. I lost my dad when I was 18 but I had enough years to build memories. Keep those safe. Remember all the fun times. It hurts now. It's weird and it does make you feel numb. It will get better I promise. Will it still hurt after so many years? Absolutely, but not as much as the sting of the day it happened. Stay strong. Be there for your mom. She's going to need you. Hang in there my friend. You've got your family (and us) so you're not alone.

• Like 3

Sounds like you've had your world pulled out from under your feet. I'm so bummed to hear you're dealing with such loss. I know that kind of grieving is hard man, take care of yourself, and if you need help just ask. 

From what you described though, I'm sure your father has given you everything you need to get through this.

My thoughts are with you.

• Like 2