backward flow on oil pump?

vagrant

OK FIRST OFF YOU GUYS ROCK - THANK YOU!

yes all caps...lol

it took this long for him to relize that there was no pickup tube on his system

dont know where or how it got ....not there.... lol

but thinking wifey cleaning up and loseing during a move.

so just wanted to say because of your knowlage of what is and what is not, he know knows the truth and knows what to do.

will be posting images and more info as the project gets ROLLING again...literly

vagrant tech on behalf of "dan" the man who knows alot more about the oil system then he ever expected.

• Like 2
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just relized he never mentiond the pickup tube... is this a removable part or is it part of the tube system that cant be moved?

do we have an image of that?

*head explodes*

Pick up tube is that curved metal thing in this picture...

IMAG0380.jpg

Pull your oil pan down and if looks like in this picture and the seal between the oil pick up and block is actually sealing, then I have no clue why your pumps aren't pumping properly...

I win!

Thanks for playing :rofl:

share the win.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no part of the actual pump oil gallery exposed inside the timing cover. One side goes to the oil filter and the other to the pickup tube.

You are correct! I stand corrected!!!! So I have to guess that there was oil in the pump upon assembling engines I've done. Good thing I always rotated the engine until I saw oil squirting out of the cam or spray bar.

• Like 1

I didn't say to dump oil down the timing chain El Ray <The King 8>) and you are correct simply dumping on the chain won't get to the pump but other than that what I said was " pour oil down against the passengers side of the timing cover did this for numerous engines, it'll fill the pump" I've done this so many times I can't think straight.

Correct, (my mistake) you did say pour oil not dump oil. But you did say pouring the oil down the chain fills the pump.

Read again!!! Hey I understand reading one thing and writing something else.