1973 620 in NorCal

Dvargas209

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, been a few weeks. Finally got some time off for vacation. Drove the family down to Santa Cruz and spent the day there after picking up some used door panels. Pics up soon. Also, getting new tires put on the rims I finished painting and should be on tomorrow. Next this week is lowering and alignment.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Also on my list of to-do is putting in a kill switch. I do like in Stockton btw. Now I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a good step by step write up. I'm new to this car/electrical stuff, so maybe if someone can point me towards a step by step dumbed down write up would be great. I don't need to know your secret squirrel hiding spot, but if it gets me from the engine to the cabin I can figure it out from there. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've run into a problem. I had parked the truck in my rear car port because it rained over the weekend and I've got some leaks in the cabin. Went to move it yesterday and it took a few tries to get it to actually fire up. I would turn the key, see indicator lights in the dash, get a few clicks, but no turn over. After about 4 attempts, it finally turned over and I was able to move it. This morning however, I stuck the key in, half a turn would get indicator lights in the dash, upon fully trying to start it, I'd get one click then nothing. Couldn't get it to start after several attempts.

Had to leave it, but Im not sure what the issue is for sure. Thinking it may be the starter? I was able to turn the headlights on and had lights in the dash so I'm thinking it's not the battery.

Ideas?

so I have this idea and I can't seem to find anything that sounds like it would help. My truck has no radio, stereo, etc. I don't want a deck so I was kicking around an idea of hooking up a bluetooth receiver to a few speakers and mounting everything under the dash, kick panels, etc. I could then connect my phone and use Pandora or anything else. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this being done? I feel like it's a simple enough concept. Idealy the bluetooth would turn on when the truck was on and off when the truck was off. Anyone with the know-how that could point me in the right direction? Essentially I want to turn the truck into a giant portable speaker. Thanks in advance, lots of knowledge in these forums.

This is one Bluetooth adapter I've been looking at. It's a small board. .25 x 2 x 2 inches

bluetooth-amp-6w.png

https://thingylab.com/shop/amplifier/bluetooth-audio-amp/

The install instructions show you how to install it where it's controlled only by your phone or whatever.

https://thingylab.com/2015/08/bluetooth-amplifier-installation/

This is how to install it so the radio power/volume knob controls it.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/09/19/how-to-make-an-old-time-radio-into-an-mp3-player-speaker/

I realize all of that is based on installing this stuff in a house radio, but it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a clean way to connect usb 5 volts to cars 12 volts. I've got a couple ideas on doing it, but haven't tried anything yet.

This thing only has 3 watt output, so you would likely want to add an amp inline to boost that up.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Had ordered some Datsun mudflaps that I found on ebay last week. They were delivered yesterday while my wife and I were at work. I get home only to find that they were not with the rest of the mail. I'm pretty certain they were stolen...

Fuckin Stockton.

• Like 1