1973 620 in NorCal

Dvargas209

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the kit there should be a arm to bolt the cable in to but I use the old linkage from the hitachi and maybe shim it up abit so the cable is a striaght pull, Sometime mode the stock cable holder also as its holed space for a Hitachi

That Mechanic

YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drive over there and show that MOFO!!!!!!!!!

see alot of You need a new motor to only find a lash pad fell out of th rocker arm

• Like 1

Valve cover hose will mount to the weber air filter. If you look on the under side there is a hole for it. May be a plastic fitting in the kit.

Spend a dollar on a roll of electrical tape and neaten up those spare wires. Better yet get a roll of that split harness covering.

• Like 1

Did a test drive today...ITS ALIVE. Steering is a little stiff and the brakes needed some breaking in, but it runs. Noticed that the temperature was getting pretty close to the H though. Any thoughts? I replaced the radiator and thermostat.

Need to figure out some electrical stuff to get the brake lights working, then she will be road ready.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

oh wow, its been a minute. Sorry, life happened for a while there (new baby showed up) and the project truck took a nap for the winter.

Update: truck runs, been on the road a few times. It needed new door locks so they are ordered and on their way. Also got some bullet style fender mirrors, chin spoiler, and some passed down chrome 15 inch rims that are currently being painted. Will get fresh tires and mounted soon. Snagged some lowering blocks and im looking to start sanding the body to get some new paint on it in the near future. Now that some decent weather has shown up and money is available, my goal is to get it on the road by April. Pics coming soon.

• Like 3

If its still running hot, the float level in the Weber is likely not right (they ALL need to be adjusted on new carbs) and the timing may need to be advanced a little (turn the distributor CCW a bit to advance it, but use a timing light to get it around 12 BTDC at idle while the vacuum line is disconnected from the distributor.  Your Weber is likely the top center one in the diagram on this page:

http://www.racetep.com/webtechpage.html

• Like 1

Looking for recommendations on tires. The rims currently have old 195/60R14 tires, but I'm not sure if that's the size I want. I'm kinda looking for that stretched/fat tire look? I will post a link to example photos if someone can give me some options for the look I'm going for. I've searched the forums, but I don't really understand the "science" of picking tires. Haha

• Like 1

rims have different specs i'm guessing you meant the rears

looks like a 10 or so inch rim, with probably an 8 inch tire on it. i don't really know since i don't go into the stretch tire thing. i'd rather my rubber get harmed before my rims. 

if you're running 195/60 on 14s i don't think you'll be able to get the stretch you're looking for. 

• Like 1

Got a question about lowering the front:

After adjust the torsion bar down I under stand there will be camber. If I get a wheel alignment afterwards, will it remain lowered? Or will the shop just end up fixing the work I did to get them straight again?

Definitely showing my lack of knowledge here. Not my area of expertise and any help is appreciated.

• Like 1