Anyone near this to check it out?

jaredjc

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in Washington and you're looking at a car in NC?  Seems way backwards to me.  You can tell that car has rot in the quarter panels, so that "no rust" comment is either a bold face lie or pure ignorance.  I bet you there's more plastic on that body than at the collective body at the playboy mansion. 

Thank you, i apreciate it. I was more worried about loads of rust though. I can fix most everything else myself. Metal work I'm totally new at. I'm looking for a 510 something I can daily until I can work on it.

What do you think the bad paint is covering. 

Matt has a good point. I didn't notice you live in the PNW.

You can't find a 510 local? You're doing it wrong. 

I admit, I am a complete nub at body work so I can't read between the lines like you, I'm not saying I want 100% rust free but I'd like something that didn't need new floors, and four quarter panels. I've been looking on craigs list, here, and ebay locally as well. If you have other suggestions I'll happily look there too? The stuff I've seen isn't running, which I need at this point as I don't have a shop, which may mean I have to wait until I get a house this winter. Thank you for the info, and opinions.

OK, here we go...

I live about 90 miles away.

This car has been advertised on Craigslist now for several months at various prices, all higher than the eBay starting price.  It seems to be the same car advertised on CL about a year ago by a different owner who provided better pictures..

I've had numerous 510s and I'm planning to add a 4 door 510 to my stable.  But I won't drive the 90 miles to even look at this one.

Does that answer your question?