B310 of Maximum Zootness

With the setup you purchased, I would not run flares. You have nice new rims, just run them tucked. As rhino said, you can choose to run spacers (over about 15mm and the start to be adapters instead. They bolt on and have new lugs for the rim to bolt to. Wheel adapter doesn't just refer to changing lug pattern), but at that point you ought to see about wider or negative offset rims to fill a flare if you're set on flaring.

OR if you swap to a Mazda or Toyota axle (I think you mentioned that on another thread) then you might have a wider axle and suddenly those rims will fill out those flares

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input. The pics are crap, but I have a little bit of poke with these. I want to run a tire that is square on the rim, currently leaning toward a 225/45. I would like to run without flares, but I don't know if I can get enough pull out of the quarter panels. I really need to get some rubber on there to see where I am at. These flares were free, so I may narrow them significantly and see how they look.

• 1 month later...

Been plugging away at this. I am a lot of things, but fast at body work is not one of them....

I mounted up a scrapper 195/50 on the Enkeis to better asses the situation. Didn't fit, but it looked workable. I bit the bullet on an Eastwood fender roller and got busy. I was pretty impressed how much I was able to pull the arches. I now have full clearance in the rear up past the bump stops.

15A87991-C92A-417C-B0CB-895055F2A319.jpg

I dig the way these look and need to get it outside to get a good picture. I should be able to do that soon because all of the bodywork is nearly finished :) . The pile of sanding dust on the floor (and probably in my lungs) is testament to that.

• Like 2

"Kesha puked on it." Man what a fun build thread. First I love seeing this much love go into a 80's b310. When I first joined Ratsun I don't think there was even a b310 on the site. But it is funny how perceptions change.  And now the super angular look of these cars, when done right, is suddenly appealing. To the point I was thinking about saving an 82 310, but the FWD keeps me away on that one. I don't know what that tipping point is when something goes from being grandmas boring car to awesomeness. But heck even the 70's 510 was a $300 car few cared about. And at least in New England, the prices on these RWD 210s 310's has made huge leaps.

Second, you are freakin funny. Third, skilled! Your thread is a trifecta of awesome and I look forward to following.

• Like 2

I wasn't able to scam a 225/45 cheaply enough to try it out. I was convinced that the 195 would be too much stretch on the 8" rim (et 0), but once I mounted it up, I was in love with how the tire fit and gave up the search for other sizes. I don't see anything more than a 205/50 fitting with this offset and a pull.

I don't have the front suspension in place yet, or the front clip for that matter, so I can't say how it will be for sure. I am running 280zx struts, so the track will be narrower than stock, I suspect I will need a small spacer.

On the bumper front, I have some Yue Loong 303 bumpers from Taiwan that I will be making metal corner caps for. They should look like the base JDM bumpers when I am finished.

• 5 months later...

This project isn't dead, just kinda comatose...been busy with shit. Anyways....

With paint around the corner, I thought that I had better finalize tire sizes in case more massaging was necessary. I pulled the trigger on 2 more Enkei Compes and some 205/50 Direzzas. I threw them on the ol garage ornament and I still have full clearance at the bump stops. Pretty pleased with that, and the tires should be sufficiently meaty for my needs

Without further ado, more potato quality photography of fittament:

C4483C47-9276-4696-B59E-18BD180259F9.jpg

A49BA3C6-9B41-4D04-A87C-0A9D48BE90C5.jpg

I should be able to get back on this pretty heavily soon. I have to finish this little motorbike so I can pull my daily A10 off the road to rape and pillage for drivetrain and coil overs etc.

• Like 2

Thanks man. Me too. Been over a year now!

Fisch, you seem to have a good taste for the aesthetic, what would you say for exterior color? I am leaning toward the grey like the engine bay, or white. Most of the interior is blue. I welcome others input as well.

I am drawn to teh lighter Datsun colors, be it blue or that light yellow or ivory or the classic bamboo tan. With your glitter booster, you could think abut a flake roof!b6d8be513e82a153d0de6d44faa1b522.jpg

• Like 1

Fisch, you seem to have a good taste for the aesthetic, what would you say for exterior color? I am leaning toward the grey like the engine bay, or white. Most of the interior is blue. I welcome others input as well.

FWIW, I feel like a blue interior mandates either blue or white outside. Of course my 1200 has blue interior and is white outside, and my 510 has blue interior and is light blue outside, so I may be biased...   ^_^

But you know what you never see? Light blue B310s...   B)

Silver would look tits with those wheels, too...

I'm spraying this thing in the shed and don't think I have the chops to do silver.

Is there such a color as dark light blue? Lol. I'm thinking a Porsche slate greyish. I mixed up some test colors and brushed them on a motorcycle tank that I need to paint. I'll post a pic when they dry.

Mr. Fisch, if the car were more 70's I'd consider a bass boat roof. I thought about it hard for the A10 before the deer incursion.

Mr. Freak. That is damn near what I had in mind.

Having said that, I think I found a winner. It is slightly darker and bluer in real life. I'm going to sleep on it, but so far I really like it.

AECF9E5C-CDBC-4905-9D2E-7F3F1E03F9E1.jpg

Judge only the color, not the finish. It is just brushed on over dragonflys and rust Etc...

It has been sitting in my garage for years. Originally I was going to hotrod the hell out of it. But when I got it, it was so clean and original down to the hubcaps that the Datsun Gods may frown upon me if I were to do such a thing. So I will probably restore it. But I have 510's taking my attention first. Link in my sig below if you are curious.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a 3 wheeler.

EF8516CD-093D-488E-9FF6-222405C07F64.jpg

On the ground

FEA4631A-A1BC-40EF-A736-1300E39D8BB3.jpg

I cut 4 inches out of the rear springs(2 coils), it still seems exremly soft. I assume the stock rate is around 100 lb/in or so, I need to do some math and figure out what they are now and see what I need to order. I'm thinking 200 lb/in. I will have 250lb springs in the front. Any suggestions?

Next weekend I'm rolling it out. My garage is always cluttered, but it has gotten to the point that it is difficult to get work done. Gonna give the old shop a good douching and the pull the doner in and yoink out the desirables.

• Like 1