New Datsun 620. Meet BioJester

kixxvaz1

So I have been wanting a Datsun for a long time and I finally got one. I traded a 1072 F250 for a 1974 Datsun 620 and couldn't be happier. 

She needs A LOT of work though compared to what I traded but at least I don't need a step stool to work on the motor.  :rofl: (I'm only 5'3")

And here she is the day I traded for her.

20150622_160013_resized.jpg

20150622_160029_resized.jpg

20150627_071315_1.jpg

20150627_071304_1.jpg

20150622_160044_resized.jpg

Notice the door is not aligned properly. Seller told me they ran a dirt bike into it...

20150701_101440.jpg

So I got a new door on craigslist.

20150701_101451.jpg

And new rims since I want ed to do disc brakes

20150704_073227.jpg

My motorcycle barely fits  :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So things to fix.

• Parking brake doesn't work
  • Exhaust leak
  • Exhaust hitting bellhousing
  • NO keys for ignitions...its been hacked up and has a push button start
  • Seat has no cushion and the springs are broken
  • Shocks are toast. Bushings look like orginals
  • Speedo doesn't work

Note: There is an L20B motor under the hood...its missing a lot of parts I think...but it runs

Nice truck man!

Check rockauto for ignition keys. If you want a matching set, I heard theres a way to rekey the doors to match...

Also Im glad you removed the light bar!!

RockAuto will have cheap replacement shocks and I believe they come with the bushings, havents inspected the content of mine yet...

As for the speedo, feel behind the speedo. There should be a "cord" with a protruding wire. Some guys disconnect them...You can also disconnect it from the tranny(be cautious, it will leak tranny oil) and make sure you can turn one end and see the other end spin.

So again: Rockauto. Otherwise, try ebay, amazon, partstrain or new-datsun-parts($$$)

You need to specify an L16 or L18 block vent tube. The L20B are vastly different. Might as well ask for the connecting rubber hose to the PCV valve. Which brings up... what's happening with the PCV? is it still there on the intake?

I see you have an after market grill for a '79/'79 truck.

Would you identify what head you have on it? Look just above where the block meets the head between the #1 and #2 spark plug behind the fuel pump. Should be A87 but I'm not sure what you have there.

Installed a PCV valve on the intrake manifold. Rigged up a temp hose and just stuck it in the open hole in the block.

Capped off Speedo cable hook up area on Transmission till I can get a new cable. What cable do I need for a l20b in a 74?

Found that the transmission mount was not bolted in...grr. Not it is and the exhaust just barely misses the bell housing.

Ordered new hose for clutch slave cylinder. Its leaking and has some damage on it. 

New brakes from Silver Mine Motors.

20150715_092525.jpg

The 15's did not fit though...grrr

New RIMS from a Chevy Silverado!

c88f4d7c-2f3a-45d2-bff2-cc8e482eab04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

U67 head on L20B block. A bolt was placed where the PVC valve should be...

Did not know that was an aftermarket grill. Good too know. 

Saw that just today. The '74 had L18 but that is later '75-'77 L20B with L8 manifolds on it. Any L20N block vent tube will work looks like this with the hose to PCV on the end....

motorL20BPCVhosetoblocknonsmog.jpg

I have the same grill did not know it was after market

20150622_160029_resized.jpg

Looks like chrome but may be silver paint. If chrome it's after market. If just shiny silver paint it just from a '78 or '79.

Same cable used on l20b?

It is sized according to the transmission. Any '74-'79 620 4 or 5 speed will work. The same year automatic will work also. The earlier '73 used a much shorter 4 speed and automatic that is too short but can work.