nissan 720 carb problems

afbrown

ive got a 85 nissan 720 king cab, has the 2.4l 8 plug in it, every once in a while it will run just fine and i can drive it around for about half an hour then it sounds like it starts to run rich and has no power, sounds like i am flooding the motor. all vaccum lines are good, the eletric choke does not work, it wont idle until you play with the throttle for a little while to let it get warm and then it starts acting funny again at that point. could this be from water in the gas? it sat for almost a year. also i am thinking about just getting a new carb so does anyone know anything about the ones they have on ebay for $165? any help would be much appreciated!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The electric choke does not work? So is the choke wired open? Or is it part on all the time?

Next time it acts up, as quickly as possible shut the ignition off and get the clutch in. Pull over and look at the sight glass in the front of the carb. If the fuel level is at the dot then it can't be flooding.