Anyone know what happened to member "Jersey" ?

This guy single handedly made my 1974 project with missing "just about everything that could be missing" possible - he found a 1974 doner and was basically stripping it for me.

Anyhow, he has gone silent for some months.

I concerned about his health.

Feel free to PM if you want to respect his privacy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 6 pages of PM's that started in November 2014 between us.

I mean really obscure stuff like the fuel filter bracket and bolts, windshield washer setup complete, my missing combination light connector that was amputated from my harness...

And the list goes on and on.  The last batch of parts was what I needed to correct the EGR which was blocked off and the big tube boss was broken off the EGR sub-manifold.

thinking.... even the windshield washer tank bracket was missing - this truck may have stripped by some previous owner - but I suspect the hood pins indicated that the yahoo that owned this threw out anything that was excess weight!  ...something we used to do back around 1970.

At any rate, this 74 will be in pretty good shape when I get it re-assembled.

And seriously, Jersey added the excitement of getting all this unobtanium which was inspirational for me.  (I won't downplay my crazy amount of weld repairs ranging from oxy-acetylene and 6# of MIG wire in the cab floor/mounts.)  (I also rounded up all the little carboard patterns I made for weld patches and am going to take a pic of them all laid out - there will be some missing ones since I just basically cleaned up and whatever I found is shown - looking back, I must have been nuts.... but then, I lost 70# from 305 to 235 (I'm 5'10") and seriously folks, that probably added a couple of years to my life.  So what is that worth?  And yes, Jersey made that all possible.

• 2 months later...

Good news!  Heard from Jersey.  He is OK and has not had any time for Datsun stuff since he is swamped with work.

It was quite the surprise.  Back in Jan, we did one final box of parts.  Then nothing.  I was recently in NV for 3 weeks, and my neighbor calls me up saying there was a box delivered.  I wasn't expecting anything, so I asked, Who is it from?  He says, Jersey..., and I interrupt him immediately!  He was OK - or at least that was I hoped for.  Still no contact.  I found out the details when I got home and opened the box and read his note,     He thought he had sent the package and only just recently discovered he hadn't.  So he said this one was on him and sent me back my money + $10.  I forgot to copy his address from the MO but I'm hoping its on the box still - I have to send that $50 back to him.  Ironically, the wiper arm/pivot assembly was one of the items and arrived to the day when I was ready to put it on!  (and yes, another tiny part I needed too:  the little plastic inserted that holds the aft cowl tabs into the firewall at the windshield)  It's just hard to explain the parts he has provided me...

But seriously, can you believe all this?

Talk about a Happy Ending

:thumbup:

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...