Attempting to pull the engine in my 78 620. Need help!

Dfinfrock64

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The engine lifts up and out. Remove the battery FIRST THING. Next the distributor cap and wires to protect them from being broken. Take the hood off and radiator out.... if possible disconnect the hoses from the engine rather than from the rad. Remove plastic fan from water pump, (again to prevent breaking) removing the water pump is even better and gives more room. Disconnect the exhaust down pipe and the two heater hoses from the block and head. Unplug the engine harness plug just behind the alternator. Fuel line from the filter side of the mechanical pump.  

• Like 1

every time ive pulled the engine from my 620 ive undone the 2 bolts on the idler arm on the passenger side of the frame. 

each time was with the tranny still in the truck. 

makes it so much easier to get the oil pan past, since the engine has to move forward a few inches to get clear of the input shaft of the trans. 

drop that sucker down and get your engine out!! lol

• Like 4

every time ive pulled the engine from my 620 ive undone the 2 bolts on the idler arm on the passenger side of the frame. 

each time was with the tranny still in the truck. 

makes it so much easier to get the oil pan past, since the engine has to move forward a few inches to get clear of the input shaft of the trans. 

drop that sucker down and get your engine out!! lol

Makes total sense. Good one.

• Like 1