I'm baaaack... And the truck is stumbling... When it wants to

What's up everybody. Long time no see, I know. So my truck has had a few changes in the last year-ish. New fuel system, n.o.s. distributor, complete motor re-gasket (and its still leaking out of the damn front case) and a hard body oil pump. So here's the deal. Fuel pressure set at 3 psi on a Holly afpr with a liquid filled gauge, 1.8mm main jets on the r1 Carbs on my l16, and timing set to 13° advanced at idle. One minute it pulls hard, 13.3/1 afr's, next minute, same gear and rpm, it feels flat, and afr's might be 12/1 or 12.5/1

What the hell is going on???

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your f/a ratio is read across all four cylinders but possibly only one carb is going rich and flooding. Something to think about.

I don't trust most regulators.... try setting to 2.9 then 2.8 and so on down and down and see if you find a place where it runs OK.

Well, yesterday I had a suddon misfire on cylinder 1. Pulled the plugs, and #1 was collapsed! But only cylinder 1. Compression test says 155 after I adjusted the valves. The rest of the cylinders are 165,162, and 167 for 2, 3 and 4 respectively. I re-gapped the plugs, and checked the timing again, still have a steady misfire.