219 head too much for a L20B

Eriks

What i got is a L20B with 280zx flat top pistons. I have a choice between dual SUs and dual Dellorto 40s. The height of the head is exactly 107.0 mm so I believe it has been milled approx 1mm.

This is what the closed chamber head was designed to work with. Flattop pistons are required to take advantage of the quench area formed between the top of the piston and the under side of the closed chamber head. Combustion gasses are violently pinched out from the quench area into the open parts of the combustion chamber inducing beneficial swirl and turbulence. This helps homogenize the mixture and temperatures increasing efficiency and reducing pre ignition. A dished piston won't do this near as well.

There is a 'Hot To' on how to cc your head for free. Definitely cc your head if you suspect it was milled

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure out your compression ratio, run the best gas you can get, and make sure you smooth any sharp edges or burrs in the chambers of that thing... Then bolt it on, throw some side drafts on it and prepare to melt tires

• Like 1