My pickup just dies!

JmanTehan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did try taking the hose from pump to carb off and there was no fuel pumping out at all when I turned over the engine. I just put a new mechanical pump in but I guess it could just be a bad one? Should I put in a electric pump? i really like the idea of the mechanical pump however, is there a specific one?

The truck has been running just great the last couple of days. no issues. 

Hainz when you said make sure i have the spacer in-between the fuel I'm curious because the fuel pump that has been in the truck for a long time does not have the spacer. When i purchased a new fuel pump it did have the spacer however it stopped working within the first 10 miles of driving. The two pumps are very different though. The old one without the spacer that is currently in the truck can be taken apart and adjusted with screws. The new one that stopped working was not adjustable at all. 

My question is do i need the spacer for this pump? 

Thanks Again

• Like 1

I swap a new pump in once and that stopped working also.

Find out there was a crack in the hose right before the inlet of the pump so it was just sucking in air. By chanve you put new hoses on this pump and now its good

Maybe by chance the replacement pump is still good.

put a small section of new hose and put your mouth to it and see if you get vacuum

the arm will be bent if no space but dont reaaly know wht it does to them, Noisey premature wear is my guess

• Like 1