Datsun painters - Sac/Bay area

I'm looking to get my 710 vintage race car painted this summer, a little bit of body work too. Not looking for a concours paint job, but still a nice one. Couple of different colors to be used with no clear coat on top. Looking for a recommendation for the Sacramento or SF Bay area. Would love to give a Ratsun regular the work if interested...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint it yourself, it's not that hard, especially on a race car. I buy Rustoleum paint in the 1 gallon can. If you can't find the color you want there is a huge selection to choose from online. The paint to buy is the (High Performance) Industrial line. It's much harder/durable and has a much better gloss. Thin it way down to like 3 parts mineral spirits to 1 part paint. Buy a cheap paint gun at Harbor Freight and if you don't wanna clean it when your done, you can just throw it out. Just my 2 cents... I've been racing for years and I realize that SCCA type racing is suppose to be no contact, but shit happens. Nothing sucks more than spending tons of time and hard earned money on a nice paint job and have ruined by a careless racer. It's not like you can get their insurance card and make em' pay to fix it, it's a race car.

Here's a link to my 69 race wagon build, it was a pretty sharp race car, before I raced it a few years. Now it's scrap metal. :bye:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41615-1969-510-race-wagon/

Here's a pic of the paint I buy.

Paint.jpg

Anyway, good luck and have fun.

the510keeper might help you out

He said he'd like it done THIS summer......

...........sorry Keeper..... :rofl:

I'm in Marin County.....we use a place a place called Whitman's Auto Body......

Pricy......but.....worth the monies......good work you won't be disappointed in.......

Craig is the owner.....................if you call....I think Pat handles the phones.....

.......mention All Autos and my boss (Yann) and they'll treat ya good......

• Like 1

I like the end result of every Datsun I paint. But when I can paint an apartment, and make more money it's hard to want to paint more cars. I think I get to critical, which in the end result I make terrible wages.

I would love to paint a Datsun for T and M.

but most won't allow there budget to go there.

• Like 2