Z32 front brakes and Chevy rally wheels (15x8)

beezebeau

Just wondering if anyone is running the 300zx non-turbo 26mm z32 front brakes with the bracket from BEEBANI with Chevy rally wheels (15x8). I think the rally's have a -19 offset. I have the rims on the truck already. I'm looking to upgrade the front brakes and figured I would ask. I'm brand new to the Ratsun community and I will be posting some photos soon, looks like that's what everyone wants anyways from the newcomers. Thanks guys.

• Like 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast do you plan on being to not have the Z32 brakes be overkill?

Bee's D21 brackets or Klotz's 720 brackets are beyond adequate for damn near anything you will need.

Not to mention...all that brake, just to be hidden behind a set of K5's. Tsk.

• Like 1

flatcat19, I've done my research and I've noticed how much you don't like overkill z32 brakes. I'm not swapping in a 400hp monster or anything, just getting a set of z32 calipers for very cheap here locally. The brackets I mentioned are 6's as far as price goes compared to the hardbody and the 300zx that he offers… $150-$160 bucks or so. He told me they use the same brake lines, 280zx bmc, rotors from an Isuzu or Honda passport, so the only thing left is the price difference is pads? Maybe $10 difference in the end. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, I really can't because I'm ignorant to the 521 bbk process. I really would like to know if my wheels would work though, if not, no biggy I'll get the hardbody bracket.

• Like 1

Btw, thanks for the welcome guys! Currently have 2 1971 Datsun 521's. One is the nicer shop truck (white), the other is a flip I'm doing (maroon). It even has the super rare Datsun towing mirrors! Just need to figure out how to post these darn pics…

• Like 1

Go to photobucket click the picture once that you want to upload, next click the link icon on the bottom next a box will appear click the direct right side middle box it should turn yellow, that means you got it.

Now go to the box on the bottom of the thread like I am in now, click the photo upload button another box will open right click in the box paste, hit ok, boom you should have your photo uploaded..

Welcome aboard

• Like 1

I'm having a little trouble, I got through all the necessary steps and at the very end step after right clicking and pasting the image link in the url box here on ratsun, I hit "Ok" and it's like the site won't allow it and freezes and I have to close out my browser and start all over again. I have tried both the direct and image ways. Has anyone else experienced this? In my experience, a lot of other forums are easier to post photos and don't require photobucket. I'll keep trying.

• Like 1

Well thanks uberkevin! I'm still going to play around with it, I also have the pb app, so I'll play around with that too. How I got the links to actually "kinda" work was from downloading firefox and using pb through it instead of Internet explorer.

• Like 1

IMG_20150528_211956_zpsbz7hb1wu.jpg

IMG_20150629_165604_zpszxhsonov.jpg

IMG_20150612_135648_zpspumqz32i.jpg

I feel like a moron now. All you need to do is creat a photobucket, upload selected photos, right click on the photo, click copy and then go to ratsun reply to topic, right click and paste. Bam. I'll try and post some more photos. Really would like some help with the caliper question I have, going to go pick up an entire z32 set of 26mm aluminum calipers tonight for only the price of a few 30 packs of beer. Only problem is, it's about an hour away.

• Like 1

Here's a couple photo's of the maroon one with the original Datsun towing mirrors. This truck actually runs better that the white one (stock carb, everything). The only downfall is the body needs a lot of work. My supercharged 350z is in the background. Just bought this house a few months ago with a giant shop in the back that has been a dream.

IMG_20150313_190234_zpsktn51pjv.jpg

IMG_20150322_141616_zps3rh5o6cn.jpg

IMG_20150515_090603_zpsgv8pphmx.jpg

This photo was after I bought the white truck (I purchases the maroon one first a while back) and WITHOUT any modifications to the suspension. 100% stock other than the Chevy rally wheels.

IMG_20150424_201146_zps7ide9vk8.jpg

Here's me in my pops 32' Ford Tudor sedan

IMG_20150308_183325_zpsc4sef1ka.jpg

I love my cars to have some awesome brakes and suspension over a quarter mile time. Here's the rest of my cars and some cool equipment in the shop as of late. I have the coolest chick on the planet to let me do what I love.

IMG_20150407_182809_zpsb9ggzv4k.jpg

IMG_20150308_195454_zpsssrzvjxr.jpg

IMG_20150121_180131_zpsbjvyldtp.jpg

IMG_20150414_193050_zpsfrffnamm.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, yeah I got tired of taking them off then loading up my wheels & tires, driving to the local tire chain, paying for dismounting, mounting and balancing for my race and winter tires to be changed over again and again. It was always like $90-$100 a pop. I figure it'll pay for itself in no time! Plus I get to hook up family and friends! :rofl: Wheel weights are kinda expensive though...

• Like 1

Welp, seems like I'll be the test dummy for the z32 front brakes with Chevy rallys. I'm positive a few people in the future will want to know the outcome. Now all that is left to do is figure out what master cylinder to go with (non power assisted- leaning towards a 71-77ish? 280z size 7/8) since I'm keeping the rear drums for now and all the new lines, fittings, pv, pushrod bolt modification. Once I get the brackets from BEEBANI and somewhat installed, I'll update the thread. Input on anything I've mentioned is welcomed guys.

• 2 weeks later...