New to Datsuns, just picked up 70 Datsun from idaho

Vencill66

Good afternoon, my name is Joe and I am 25 and I was wanting to show off my new Datsun 510, I seen it for sale on craigslist 3 weeks ago and I finally left Thursday morning from Columbus, Oh to my long trip to finally arrive in Boise, Idaho. Well I went there and picked it up and got back home Sunday morning. This will be a huge project for me since it currently tore apart and is bead/sand blasted. I have some great ideas for this car and plan on keeping you guys informed. I might be one of the few people on the east coast with a Datsun 510. I had a question about my dash I have the rectangular design, I want to buy the newer style dash so if anyone knows of one for sale let me no, thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon, my name is Joe and I am 25 and I was wanting to show off my new Datsun 510, I seen it for sale on craigslist 3 weeks ago and I finally left Thursday morning from Columbus, Oh to my long trip to finally arrive in Boise, Idaho. Well I went there and picked it up and got back home Sunday morning. This will be a huge project for me since it currently tore apart and is bead/sand blasted. I have some great ideas for this car and plan on keeping you guys informed. I might be one of the few people on the east coast with a Datsun 510. I had a question about my dash I have the rectangular design, I want to buy the newer style dash so if anyone knows of one for sale let me no, thanks

Welcome. Long way to travel for a 510 project so I know you must be excited. 

Many 510s on the east coast. Not as many as out west but still a bunch. We have an annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet every spring at Summit Point Raceway. Next year will be our 20th year so get working on your car so maybe you can drive it out. If not, come anyway.

www.eastcoastdatsun510.com

I have alot of 510 parts here on the east coast. I have parted out many cars. Let me know if you need anything.

Post up some pics of your project.

David

Check the build date on the door jam tag. '68 and '69s had the horizontal bar speedometers and arrow front marker lamps on the sides of the fenders. Cars made after June '69 are '70 model years and the have the round speedometer and gauge clusters and square front and rear amber and red side markers..

Welcome Vencill66. Could be a 70 with a 68 dash, but decidedly unlikely. If your door sticker is missing/painted/sand blasted off, get you vin number from the driver side strut tower and we can date it that way too.

can't show it off without some visual representation, hence "show" it off.

Posting picts on Rat...

1 get an account on photobucket 

2 upload images

3 copy and paste IMG link phobuc provides into the text field on Rat.

I hope this isn't just some schmuck sourcing a dash