Deer Park Airport, Autocross this weekend, Spokane! 6-27-15

HRH

If you haven't checked out www.asnw.org, you should do so now!  You've already missed pre-registration, but no worries!  Come up and watch (bring water and shade umbrella) or arrive early and get paid and registered!

Deer Park Airport Saturday and Sunday the 27th and 28th!  I have to work tomorrow so I'll be out there on Sunday with Ugly Betty, fresh from her cam install.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt - Normally I would comment "Way cool!" but with a predicted high tomorrow of 106F that doesn't seem appropriate. Is there any thing in the rules that says you have to wear anything but a helmet? Not that you have to flash the whole crowd. You could wear a towel until you get in the car. :lol:

But autocrossing sounds a million times more sensible than the kids playing basketball in downtown Spokane today and tomorrow. That is just nuts!

Good luck though. An umbrella when you are working the course isn't a bad idea. You might start a new fashion trend.

Len

• Like 1

Lots of umbrellas, lots.  And I bought a new sun hat.  And it was FUCKING HOT, as anticipated.  I can assure you it reached 105 in Deer Park, and it's still 103 here now in town at 7:29pm.  It was 108 when I got back.  Didn't do that terrific.  Posted a respectable time but was way off from Harold's Corvette.  Slicks work better in extreme heat than Hankook Ventus I've found.  Couldn't get the tires to handle like I wanted at all.  They weren't bad, but they weren't gripping like last autocross at about 20 degrees cooler.

So oh well.  Here are a couple of videos for you, one's a spin so you know how NOT to do it. ;)

• Like 2