Wish me luck

sqcomp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are other ways around a big master cylinder.  I've seen  hydraulic units out that require a power steering pump, but they can handle the heat better than a vacuum assist unit.

Something that I would have done if I ran a 3 inch exhaust instead of a 2.5 inch exhaust is to put a notch in the cross member under the back of the cab.  

I'm thinking more in the bed area.  I'm also thinking of a location just behind the back of the cab/front of the bed.  We'll see how it works out...it's a while away.  We need to get the drive train out of the donor.

If you find that article, link that.  I've started a big to do list.  The shop is trying to decide when to take the drivetrain out of their GT-T.  I'm not in a hurry really.  I'd be lying if I  didn't say I want to hear that sound ASAP though...

• 2 weeks later...

I visited the donor vehicle a couple days ago.

We knocked some "shop rot" from the engine.  I ALMOST said F it and bought the shop car...my wife would have crucified me though.

http://vid720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/sqcomp/IMG_2646_zpsudz8lqhl.mp4

You guys might know how badly I just wanted to buy the vehicle...

If you tell us were that shop is, I am sure we can take care of that problem so no issues with your wife. :devil:

Right?!? I took a ride in the new car...the damned seats sell for $2200 a piece new. Bride Gias low max I think they are. There's so much done to the car...it really is a work of RHD art.

The bank won't finance it because of the Japanese VIN...I already checked...and had a plan to stash the car until the time was right to let the wife know I bought it. Ces't la vie I suppose. The shop owner is excited for the project. He just finished an EA86/Honda F series engine install tonight...he's working a weight redux project on a Formula Drift Pro2 car, then we'll get to the "fabtastic" work on the Ratsun 620.

GetAttachment_zpspqvs9fmi.jpg

This is the list...it's going to change and get a lot longer...especially when the audio portion is involved.  Again, the original idea was to put an SR20 in it and beat the piss out of it.  This new engine opportunity has changed the entire outlook of the vehicle project.  I refuse to kick the crap out of this drivetrain...it's too damned pretty.

Gotta be able to rock it next to a good acquaintance of mine.  The end goal is to be able to do this little Datsun right and be able to fit in with the Libertywalk GTR and 458...

Yeah, also done on my phone too.  I know better.  Purge me.  :P

Edit

Hold for further news.  I believe the shop owners and I have come to mutually agreeable terms on the shop car. 

I may need to unload the 620...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for your support on the 620.

I just sold it to get it out of my garage.  The good news is, it stays with my next door neighbor.  I've been asked to assist in his build up of it.  

In the mean time...I have a "new" car.  :devil: I took it to it's first show at PIR.  There were quite a few strained necks and lots of pics and video that were taken...

It'll be taken out a couple times a year and put right back into hiding in a secret location.  I'd like to bring it out for the Datsun meet in Canby next year...

Thank the lord for my military status, and an understanding chain of command to help with the ownership issues.