MIKEYFTW

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

UPDATES AND PICS!! This has been my daily driver since i got it. The truck runs awesome but takes forever to get anywhere I guess thats part of the adventure. 

beach vibes

27437292622_f58cb49742_z.jpg

secret beer stash

24835854844_839479bb55_z.jpg

new head unit 

27536187315_ac6f652282_z.jpg

dj booth

27501837876_4d19c5ae20_z.jpg

new rotors,pads, center link, tie rod ends

27501851166_468308edaa_z.jpg

momo prototipo

27501844756_e15015d54a_z.jpg

getting stuck in the sand in joshua tree at an alien convention

27463957831_855db084b5_z.jpg

• Like 6

Quick question... I'm going to Colorado next Monday do you think the extra high altitude will make my weber act funny? I just got a weber tune up kit and new adapter plate with gaskets. Working on the carb tomorrow. I have to check out some family land in South Park Utah which is 10k+ feet elevation. I don't think I've ever taken any car that high up.

Quick question... I'm going to Colorado next Monday do you think the extra high altitude will make my weber act funny? I just got a weber tune up kit and new adapter plate with gaskets. Working on the carb tomorrow. I have to check out some family land in South Park Utah which is 10k+ feet elevation. I don't think I've ever taken any car that high up.

Just took my truck (L20b w/single Weber DCOE) up to Horseshoe Meadows (10,000ft), with no carb changes, and it was like a swift quick kick to the balls, but it still made it. Way rich, no power!

I have flown hanggliders from the road going up to the Horseshoe Meadows campground, but it was always to rough to stay in the air long enough to get away from that area to smoother air.

That is a lot to ask of an L20b, but you made it which is a testament of the tenacity of that engine.

• Like 2

I have flown hanggliders from the road going up to the Horseshoe Meadows campground, but it was always to rough to stay in the air long enough to get away from that area to smoother air.

That is a lot to ask of an L20b, but you made it which is a testament of the tenacity of that engine.

Driving up to Cerro Gordo was worse. Horseshoe Meadows you could maintain more speed, Cerro Gordo was much more windy, narrow and a dirt road.

A guy I work with on the Owens Lake said that he ran into a hang glider in the Carson City/Reno area who had started his flight at Horseshoe Meadows! I was like "wait what, thats friggin far". He said the thermals coming out of the valley can be just right. Im still suspicious.

• Like 1

A few guys have flown over 200 miles from Horseshoe Meadows into Nevada via boundary peak/Janies ranch), that site was where everyone went to break records back in the 90s, now they go to somewhere in Texas, tow up behind an ultralight and then head north into Oklahoma/Kansas, they have officially flown over 400 miles as I recall, I have not flown or followed what has been happening for over 10 years now.

I have personally flown 130 miles myself, I have lots of 100+ mile flights, but I am not good enough to break records, the average hangglider pilot has never had a 100 mile flight.

Wind is not good, it destroys thermals(blows them apart), it's best when the wind is light and when there are a lot of dust devils that go straight up.

This is me at 9000 feet above sea level in the flatlands of eastern Washington.

img311.jpg

Driving up to Cerro Gordo was worse. Horseshoe Meadows you could maintain more speed, Cerro Gordo was much more windy, narrow and a dirt road.

A guy I work with on the Owens Lake said that he ran into a hang glider in the Carson City/Reno area who had started his flight at Horseshoe Meadows! I was like "wait what, thats friggin far". He said the thermals coming out of the valley can be just right. Im still suspicious.

• Like 4

Wow! Those are some just mind boggling distances, it's nice to hear it from someone who's actually flown pretty far. The beauty of it all most be overwhelming!

I have personally flown 130 miles myself, I have lots of 100+ mile flights, but I am not good enough to break records, the average hangglider pilot has never had a 100 mile flight.

img311.jpg

• Like 1