A good swap for 521

Lazy620

Ok I want to now what is a good swap for my 521 I want a good Reliable fast 521 I know a lot of ppl do the sr swap or the ka but don't know what's better I am new to the Datsun fam but I have always had a 240sx and the sr was the easiest swap for it

• Like 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it won't be the first thing I do to it I'm just trying to get ideas so I can pick what I want to do and look for the parts mean while I work on the suspension and getting everything ready to do a swap

• Like 1

Dude Google search is your new friend and your in Diego and there is bunch down there already.

What's your fab skills

How much money you got

How fast do you really want to go

SR/KA has been so much there dime a dozen

You want to be different do some other swap,or go with the flow

The most normal swap is a KA

• Like 1

Fab skills I have none but most of my fam bold cars and are good welders so they will be help me and showing me how to do the fab that's needed next week or sometimes this month my cuz going to help with looking at my frame and renfocing the frame were it needs it and I wanted to try and do a vq swap but some dude u taled me out of it cuz it's to much fab work and some older cat said to just do a smal Chevy motor on it but I want to stay with Nissan motors but I been looking and all I see is sr or ka and I wanted to know if theirs anything else out their like the dude on the first comment said the Lz witch never came up when looking for swaps

• Like 1

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46457-what-im-working-with/page-9

Lz build.

I say, learn the L motors, drive your truck around with one as you build a ka or find a running one.

Get your parts together before the swap.

There a shit ton of ka swap builds. The 620 isn't that different the 521 so maybe read some 620 ka swaps. There's also a bunch of Lz builds. Lz22,lz21,lz23

On Google home page put ratsun at the beginning or end of anything you want to find on ratsun. It helps find just about everything you need.

• Like 2

I've been eyeing a VG30E or DE or maybe a DETT for my 521. I have a 87 V6 200SX donor car already and after some quick measurements it appears like it will fit.

There will always 4 billion details to work out after saying "Hell ya, I'm doing an engine swap!".

• Like 1