very first 620

86regal406

i just bought my first non domestic car and it was a 1975 datsun 620 and i need help my head lights dont work and my tail lights were working now they are not. it doesnt want to stay at idle unless i give it half throttle. and i was wondering if it was possible to switch from the 6 lug to a 4 or 5 lug without adapters since im not gonna use it as a truck.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the headlights, I'd start from the fuse, and I think 75 had a relay for headlights, so that too. To change the lug pattern you would have to swap out the front suspension and rear axle, but you could get 5 lug from a toyota. I got 4 lug on my 521, so I guess that's possible too.

• Like 1

i found a fuse i thought was for the headlights it was burnt so i changed it but im just gonna keep checking things but could i use like a 510's disc brake conversion on my 620? i do not have alot of experience with these things

• Like 1

Stop trying to make your truck into a 'tuner' car. It's a truck! There are lots of nice 6 bolt rims out there and Toyota, Ford, Chev, Mazda, Trooper many later Nissans and about six other makes have the same bolt pattern.

Not idling could be almost anything and beyond solving from the information given. I would suggest buying a FSM (factory service manual ) for your year truck, or '75-'77 will be close. These are much better than the Chilton's or Haynes that cover all 7 1/2 years of 620 production and are not that specific. Try E-Bay about $25 often less. Learn all you can from reading this. Another good source is using our search function (upper right of every forum page)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I disagree. There are a lot of 6-lug wheels out there for trucks, but not our small truck.

Most wheels over 16" and/or chromed out just don't look good.

all depends on what you consider good looking. I have 16s on one of my trucks and bought 18s for the other that are chrome off a fellow member. They looked great on his truck
  • Like 1