Question about ka24de and similar engines

Iaitoo

Hey!

Im looking into getting an engine for a 510 or 710.

Ka24de's are very rare in Norway. Most king cabs came with a diesel, and we didnt get any other cars with ka24de here. Might be so lucky to find a terrano II with it, but its unlikely.

Will the diesel have the same engine mounts to fit directly into a 710/510 like the ka24de, or do you think they had other mounts for the diesel versions? Wouldnt mind a diesel if it brings more HP than the small 1.4s with 60hp ^^

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Stoff, I don't know much about the diesels. I think that it's unlikely that the mounts bolted to the engine are the same as the KA though. Easy place to start is to go to a Nissan dealership and find out if the two engines have the same part number for the engine mount that is bolted to the block.

Unfortunately, you will be paving new mostly new territory. Most of the people on here are from North America, and we got few, if any, diesels in most models, so the knowledge pool won't be as deep. You might also get better answers for this question on a Nissan 4x4 forum.

Is there a reason you're so interested in a KADE? Most European countries got the CA and the SR, which also make great swap options. I'm not saying don't go for the diesel swap, just curious. Good luck, keep us updated.

Elaborating on what lockleaf said, the CA or SR would be a much easier to find option for you. As long as it comes in the rear wheel drive configuration it will go in the same way as the KA.

The diesel would be cool, I don't think the motor mounts at the chassis side would be very much different, they try to keep stuff like that the same for the sake of mass production.

The laws here in Norway are very strict when it comes to tuning. I can't imagine that I would ever get a CA or SR in a datsun and have it street legal. Might not even get a diesel. Nissan has to provide papers, saying it will be allright. The engine cant have alot more hp than the stock engine when I get it approved. I think a 104hp TD will sound better than a 150+ hp petrol engine with a turbo. It just screams race car in the authorities ears :P Don't have a car yet either, but takes alot of time to get all of this approved. So planning to start the application process now, and then get the car later on. (my living situation atm doesnt have room for a car-project. But can get the engine already and start the rebuilding job)

And diesel is alot cheaper than petrol to fill :P

What about the ka would make it more acceptable to the authorities than the other 2 options? If you selected non turbo versions, they should both produce less power and fewer emissions than the KA.

I don't wish to sound rude, I'm actually highly curious about how the car laws function there. I'm a member of a group here in the U.S. that tries to protect the rights of car hobbyists and aftermarket manufacturers called the SEMA Action Network. It constantly monitors new laws all over the US and notifies it's members so they can participate in stopping unfair law and supporting good law in our hobby.

What about the ka would make it more acceptable to the authorities than the other 2 options? If you selected non turbo versions, they should both produce less power and fewer emissions than the KA.

I don't wish to sound rude, I'm actually highly curious about how the car laws function there. I'm a member of a group here in the U.S. that tries to protect the rights of car hobbyists and aftermarket manufacturers called the SEMA Action Network. It constantly monitors new laws all over the US and notifies it's members so they can participate in stopping unfair law and supporting good law in our hobby.

The laws here are silly. More than a 5% hp increase, and you have to take the car to our version of the dmv and have it checked out and approved. You rarely get it approved if you dont have papers from the car manufactorer that the car can take the power. Ofc you build have to be solid as well, but that is a good thing. Nissan in Norway refuses to guarrantee anything. Which makes it hard to do stuff to datsuns/nissans. While the volvo guys can get chevy engines approved, because volvo gives you papers saying everything is good :P You also have to get the car approved if you have rims that are in the wrong size. Like my old nx2000 had 15 and 16" in its papers. I wasnt allowed to use my 17" rims. 

So with a datsun; if the car didnt come with the engine as an option from the factory, getting it approved is hard. Usually easier to tune the engine that came with the car, and get that approved.

We cant get skylines registered for street use here either, because they havent been crash tested by the correct european company. Norway doesnt accept tests from Asia. But Norway love TUV from Germany. So if you modify your car, and drive it down there and have them approve it. You have a big chance of getting it approved here as well.