1977 Datsun 620 KC - My First Dat!

hustler620man

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help!!.......again. After looking at my current carb which has a vacuum leak at the gasket, I realized the carb is for a 710 and is an aftermarket from national carburetors. I need info on a replacement carb. Also I'd like to know the downsides of keeping this one on if a gasket fixes the leak. Help!!!!

most people install weber 32/36 carbs when they go aftermarket i think

you might be able to run a 38 but not suggested size (trust me) 

if the 710 it came off of had a l20b in it (i don't know what motor they run) i don't think there would be any issues running the 710 carb if a gasket fixes the issue. i've been watching the thread but i can't remember if you have the l20b but year of the truck you should iirc

Over jetted for a l16. Way over jetted, runs great but rich as all get out and gas mileage kinda sucks.

For an l20b it might work out just fine and only be a little rich

I'm gonna throw the 38 onto the motor I'm having bored out when I install it in the truck and should be perfect for the 2.3

If you're planning on leaving the motor stock I'd highly suggest the 32/36. It is a progressive carb so it opens the primary, then the secondary once the primary is about half way open. It's definitely a step up from stock, and still decent on mpg.

The 38 is a synchronus carb, so it opens both at the same time. It's known to fall on its face if you try to put your foot into it, but also known to do really well at high rpms. I've heard a z24 with a 38, and it was a very rich sounding idle...

It'll work, you'll just have to find the right adjustment for how you drive. Smaller jets in a 38 might make it easier to tune.

• 2 weeks later...

NO.its not. I just unstalled the same carb from red line and it started right up after I got the timim

ng issue taken care of. Since I live in high altitude I have to have it re- jetted and for above 5800 feet. They are made made sor sea level. look into geting someone who knows and cando this for you. Expense is nothing after doing all what you've done. Send me a text at this # and I'll send you pics of my 79kc with polished out motor. You'll flip!

• Like 1

NO.its not. I just unstalled the same carb from red line and it started right up after I got the timim

ng issue taken care of. Since I live in high altitude I have to have it re- jetted and for above 5800 feet. They are made made sor sea level. look into geting someone who knows and cando this for you. Expense is nothing after doing all what you've done. Send me a text at this # and I'll send you pics of my 79kc with polished out motor. You'll flip!

Cruz

Its even tougher up here in the canyon on Sedillo Hill 7200'....I kept the stock Hitachi for now  Runs pretty good up here...