Canby 2015 Spokane Caravan participants here!

HRH

Okay, I'm separating this from the other thread for the purposes of identifying who's going from this area.

Canby is about 5-7 hours from Spokane depending on the slowest Datsun or the lowest geared Datsun.

I'm planning on leaving around 8 or 9 o'clock on Friday morning to head that way.  I'm pretty sure Datsunawi (Mohammed) will be coming with me provided we get his 610 set for brakes and whatnot in the next few days.

I know moomin' was planning on coming, but you had to work a half day or something?  That'll put you in pretty late to Canby.

Who else is coming?

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, what is your max travel speed?  The wagon can cruise at 85 comfortably, but I'm pretty sure that's not the speed of most, plus it's a road trip, no sense in going fast.  I figure about 60-65 is good enough.  No tickets, less drivetrain stress.

We usually meet up at the A&W in Hermiston, right next to the Comfort Inn.  You have to back track two miles on the highway, but it's not that far.

Hit me with a text when you hit The Dalles. I can meet up with you in Hood River if you guys want to take a 10 minute break and check out the 411 Blackbird. Shop is literally 1 minute of of 84 with easy on off. Will pm you my cell #.

Mike

aka exit64

• Like 1

Yeah like you said I have to work a half day Friday so the soonest I'd be able to leave is 10, and that'd be pushing it. Totally understandable if that's too late for you guys, I'd hate to hold you back.

But if there's a chance it could work out, Lemme know and I'll pm you my phone #.

10:00 is a half day?  That might just work at the rate we're going with the struts on Mohammed's car.  I was planning on leaving at 8 or 9, but we may just be later than that.

Yup. I get to work at 6. I'll have everything packed in my car so I can head out the instant I get off work. Worst case scenario just shoot me a text Friday morning with a status update and I'll let you know whether I'll be able to make it in time to tag along.

BTW Mohammed, you're in Cheney right? I bought a red subaru wagon from a dude name Mohammed out in Cheney last year. Any chance that was you?

Ok, Austin, didn't get a chance to text you but sent a pm.  Won't text now since it's late and I know you work early.  We're meeting at the Conoco across from the John Deere Dealer (Pape Machinery) at 10:30-10:45 at the Cheney exit on I-90.  I'll text you in the am when it's about that time or see you there!

EDIT:  Austin confirmed meeting, Mohammed, don't be late or we're leaving you!! :D

Here's the itinerary from Spokane.  Leaving Four Lakes no later than 10:45, hopefully sooner, heading towards Hermiston.

Farmer Joe:  Depending on stops (knock on wood no issues) according to google maps, it's 168 miles from the Four Lakes Conoco/John Deere to the A&W Space Age fuel stop near Hermiston.  Should take 2.5 hours, so plan for 3-3.5 depending on cruising at 65 if it doesn't rev the 610 or 210 too high.  Possibly 60.  That would put us in at 1:45 at the Hermiston A&W.  I still have your phone number in my phone from last Canby so as long as it hasn't changed we're good.  Hopefully the Datsun gods will be shining on us and we'll make good time without issue.

Mike: Exit64.  It's apparently about 2 hours or a little closer from A&W to The Dalles, so that would put us in your neck of the woods about 3:45, or possibly a little later if we stop at Mary Hill for a stonehenge picture.  As long as we've made it that far without issue we probably will.

Then it's another 1 hour and 45, so call it 2 hours from The Dalles to Canby.  So that puts us into Canby at 6:00-7:00 depending on how much bullshitting we do.