B-210 Head Lights not working

Morning all...

So, car has been running fantastic since the vacuum leak was found.  

So, that means something else has to go wrong... can't have a perfectly running vehicle right? lol

This morning my head lights wouldn't turn on.  I checked all the fuses, nothing was blown.  All other lights, and well everything thing else powers on, just no head lights.

Are there any other fuses or relays somewhere other than the fuse box inside the cabin that would effect the head lights?

I mean, the probability that both headlights died at exactly the same time are slim to none right?

Yay... more issues. lol

Still, can't help but love this car....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with the B210, but it's still probably the fuse.  Glass fuses suck.  Looking at them won't tell you much, since sometimes they will fail internally at the end caps where the wire is soldered to the cap.  You'd really need to check across the fuse with an ohm meter (or if your meter has a diode setting you can use that).  Also just try spinning the fuse in place.  The connection can look clean enough but still fail.

Oh snap... I totally forgot about that.  I haven't seen/used glass fuses since the early 90s when i had my 710.

Thanks for the heads up, I have a bucket of spare fuses at home. I'll pop one in and see if that does the trick.

I just press a quarter across the fuse terminals briefly to see if they come on. Briefly, as the point of a fuse it to protect the wiring from excessive current flow in the event of an electrical 'short' to ground, like a pinched wire.

Do the parking lights work? horn? if they are out also it might be the fusible link at the battery.

Do the parking lights work? horn? if they are out also it might be the fusible link at the battery.

Yup, all the above works. Kinda why i thought it might be another relay or fuse located in the engine bay.

Ill change out the fuse, and then if that doesn't work ill check the fusible link at the battery.

Thanks!

Be sure that the fuse is snug and tight and the contacts clean. Any resistance and it will start to get hot... so hot that it will take the temper out of the clips that hold it, making it worse and worse.