Getting rid of old project for a 4 door 510

Hey guys I am looking for some insight here. I have a 90 300zx TT that just dosent interest me anymore. I am really craving a 510 4 door to plunk around on cause honestly to me the 300 will just take too much money to fix it the way I think it needs to be done. Plus I want a car that I will drive everywhere with the family not just 2 of us. What do you guys think? Guess I need to get some pics us and see if there is any interest in trades.  

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people carry their families in 510's.  Not sure I'd make a habit of it, especially in stock form.  I'll probably get flamed for saying as such, but whatever.  I have to agree about the cost, though - a 510 is not going to be cheaper than the 300zx aside from engine work when comparing apples to apples "work" & parts.

What they said, parts for the 510 when it comes to interior and exterior are hard to come by and more costly than a the 300. You got a point about not having room for a family but a 510 is really not a good family car either. Maybe a good family weekend car but not a daily family hauler.

Sorry if I urk anyone on that one but driving my 210 in today's traffic scares the shit outta me and it's most the people in bigger vehicles than mine. It's not the, getting hit by someone else that does it, it's the, "Am I going to live if I get hit by somebody else" that does. Your driving a tin can with a seat belt, Just saying. 

• Like 1

What he said I own 2 goons , before you get balls deep into any kind of project know this, it's going to cost around 350 to upgrade front brakes. After you upgrade the  brakes you need bigger wheels and tires, 170 for the suspension, 120-150 for rear brakes.  On a better note once you take care of the petty shit they sure r fun to drive.  Good luck .

I already have a parts 280zx for the suspension and I drive a 4 door civic back and forth to work now so I already have a small 4 door. I just want to get back into Datsuns. I understand that some parts for the 510 are high but after I priced out a properly built engine for my 300 at 10k not even including everything I believe I can get more bang for the buck out of a 510. Now that being said yes I want to daily the 510 but my daily is not what most will be I work offshore so I will only be putting around town on it for 3 weeks and I will keep the civic to drive the 300plus to go to work.