Pacific NW Nissan Stanza Wagon - mhub91's Daily Driver

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that thing cleans up nice.

Not seeing a low range lever :(

Thanks! First thing I did when I got it was run it through the car wash.

Next thing I need to do is figure out why the 4WD doesn't actually work. Right now I click the button and the dash light does not illuminate -- common sense tells me 4WD isn't on.

And no, unfortunately there is no low range.....This is actually like "Push button AWD". The 4WD engages by the push of a button on the shifter, via electromagnetic clutch that drives the rear diff. When the button is shut off the electromagnetic clutch disengages and the rear diff is idle.

For now, though, it seems like it's driving and starting fine. It's my day off so I've been driving it for a few miles to heat soak it, bring it home and letting it sit for a few and then test driving again. So fat no issues at all. Pretty stoked!

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I got this thing for .... $500! I don't usually like to tell what I buy my cars for (weird, i know) but I got to boast about this one! haha  :angel:

• Like 1

Glad to see someone else with one.

I freakin' love this car. Partially because it's so ugly, but yet really clean... and it's an oddball 80s car. AND it's a Nissan. All of my favorites packed into one. 

• Like 1

Glad to see someone else with one.

I freakin' love this car. Partially because it's so ugly, but yet really clean... and it's an oddball 80s car. AND it's a Nissan. All of my favorites packed into one. 

Wow, my sentiments exactly!!! So awesome to shift to and from 4x4 on the fly. Best winter vehicle I have ever had.

Photo0028.jpg

Not nearly as clean as yours. :crying:

• Like 2

Sweet car. Needs more lows and possibly roof rack. But then again, I think all wagons need more lows and roof racks so....

I agree! Not sure how to go about properly lowering it, though.... i want to avoid cutting springs.

I would get some aggressive m/s tires and rally the shit out of it. :devil:

I acknowledge that this is actually WAY more reasonable than what I said. That being said, my wife daily drives a mildly modified Subaru Impreza wagon that we've dropped about 2.5 inches, and I love the way that thing looks. Still handles great in the bad weather too. So MOAR LOWS!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's still in the family. It's not going anywhere. My mother in law was daily driving a severly rotted out Toyota Chinook.......

Not joking.

A ... Toyota .... Chinook.... as a daily.

• Like 1

So are you a10 shopping?

No. I'm focusing of the S13 coupe I got. It's in (practically) in shambles. Totally disassembled to a bare-metal shell. Body work has begun... but I'm using it as a learning tool. I also have a good RB20DET that'll go into the S13.

I decided to get rid of the Stanza for good reason.... First, my mother in law was desperately in need of a solid daily driver. Other reasons, very personal.