Pacific NW Nissan Stanza Wagon - mhub91's Daily Driver

Never thought the day would come - FINALLY - I've got a 1986 Nissan Stanza 4WD wagon.

Fuck me. I'm stoked.  :thumbup:

Not much info at this time... Only one pic. More tomorrow.....

1986 Stanza Wagon, 296,000 miles, 5 speed, 4WD!

Electric sunroof, original floor mats, original alloy wheels, MINT interior too!

don't mind my 620 in the back ground......

PD5XtWR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Donovan shoved the ad for this in front of my face a couple days ago ,, he wanted it too.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you and your family going to make it to Canby even for a little bit this year?  

FYI It's hard wording sister and wife into the same sentence without it sounding reeeeally fuckin creepy so i went with family.

:lol:

• Like 4

I think Donovan shoved the ad for this in front of my face a couple days ago ,, he wanted it too.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you and your family going to make it to Canby even for a little bit this year?  

FYI It's hard wording sister and wife into the same sentence without it sounding reeeeally fuckin creepy so i went with family.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm coming to Canby with Danny this year. We're bringing the 620s. His KA24DE swapped king cab and my little low and slow L20.

I'd like to bring the Stanza, but I have to replace the radiator and do some basic maintenance and not sure I would make the dead line.

Girlfriend is staying home for the weekend of Canby. She's pretty... well... pregnant right now haha!

Sister came last year only cause she was visiting me. It'll only be me this year. Plan on staying the whole weekend too!

• Like 1

The important question. Does it have low range? 

From what I can gather, it's only push-button, much like the old Subaru's. Seems to not have a traditional transfer case with a selector for low and high range. I'll be throwing it on the hoist here in the shop in about an hour. I'll take some more pics, too.

• Like 1

Funny you should ask.

The easiest swap would be a CA18DET. It is literally "bolt right in" no mods necessary. Even use existing transmission due to it currently having a CA20E.

Although, any FWD SR, CA, KA, and GA can easily be done.

I like the CA idea, though.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, funny story.

Figured out what the white smoke was ....... oil was over-filled.

Also, spark plugs were the wrong ones and WAY over gapped. Had some BCPR5 on the intake side which were a step too hot .........................

they were also gapped at    0.065 horee chit. spec is only 0.039 - 0.043 .....

i replaced the plugs with BCPR5 and 6 for exh and int sides, respectively. put a small bottle of lucas oils fuel system cleaner (snake oil) for good measure.

Corrected oil level and put a small bottle of stop smoke in it (more snake oil) for good measure......

Serious improvement!

............. Time to start saving for that CA18DET.

• Like 3