280zx strut inserts..quickie question

I was going by a thread on here that listed the fronts as a usable swap as well. I never considered getting the sw20 and spacing them up accordingly. I have no idea how to gauge how low I want to go. I've only ever actually lowered my previous cars with off the shelf adjustable coilovers.

I think what I will do is space them to the top of my strut and remove washers and cut the housing accordingly.

Damn I really like the input on this thread..gets the gears turnin. Lol.

Edit: why the tittles does rockauto only have unsealed strut units :( I like shopping at rock auto

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey scooter how tall of springs are you running to suit the mr2 inserts?

I have yet to buy any inserts, I was set on the aw11 kybs off of rockauto now someone told me how great the kyb agx units are for camaros with the adj dampening but for nearly double the cost I can't decide if it's worth it

I believe they are 12 inch tall springs, id have to double check though. Try and get longer ones because my adjuster is wound up to within 1/4 inch of the top of the strut to get any preload. The collars that hold the adjuster put the end of it flush with the nut on top of the strut housing.

My vote is with the illuminas so far, i need a set of sway bars now, but the car allready turns WAY harder than it ever did with the stock shit. My bump steer spacers are about an inch and a half thick, which youll probibly need if you do mr2's