Unknown wire?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a problem with the car? 

Sometimes it is more economical to make a wiring harness with a few extra wires, and have that harness work in more than one model, than to make different harnesses for each minor variation of a car.

The wire could also be for a option not on your car.

Every PL521 wiring harness I have seen has four wires under the ashtray for the clock and radio.  There are not that many 521 radios, or clocks.

Is there a problem with the car? 

Sometimes it is more economical to make a wiring harness with a few extra wires, and have that harness work in more than one model, than to make different harnesses for each minor variation of a car.

The wire could also be for a option not on your car.

Every PL521 wiring harness I have seen has four wires under the ashtray for the clock and radio.  There are not that many 521 radios, or clocks.

Heres my problem:IMG_20150531_183824937_zpsfxbdrrea.jpg

This is the original wire harness that came with the car, and Im trying to get everything right, but theres no proper service manual for a 73' 510,

You didn't say so I looked at some other posts... you have an automatic. Oh just a tad late.

Maybe automatic related. The 3N71B had an electric kick down switch but it would only be powered when the pedal is floored.

choke?????????as its near the fire wall

But other wise the blk wht is a POWER with key On to the ballast resisitor then out is the blk grn and the blk blu goes to the + side coil

the blk blu and blk grn are realley shorted under the tape to complet the circut.

when key is in START the blk blu goes staright to the +side coil of 12volts sand bypass the resisitor

PS whats the red coil? To run points you need the run the stock 1.6 or close to it OHM coil with the stock ballast reisitor. Or pertronix conversion