Crowdfunding

Hi guys and gals,

My names Jeremy and I am running a Go Fund Me campaign to help me acquire another Datsun Z (gofundme.com/vn5z3d5) I had one this last summer and loved it but there was problems, the head gasket was blown and the frame rails were rusted out so I sadly had to sell it because that was too much of a project at the time. Ever since that summer I have been wanting another Datsun. I am currently working at a retirement home outside of school to make it a reality but I figured why not ask other people if they would want to donate to the cause. I may be crazy for trying this but its worth a shot. Thanks for your time and let me know what you think! Good or bad I wouldn't mind feedback or advice for the future. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this will sound harsh but maybe you were brought up to expect everything handed to you like an entitlement. I see this a lot more in young people today, they expect something for nothing.

So here's something for nothing.... Anything worth having is worth working for. Don't expect everyone else to fund your dreams, you're young... get out there and finish school, get a real job, start a business and stop holding your hand out..

• Like 16

Asking people on a Datsun forum for money...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAGAGAGAGAGAGAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HA.

• Like 17

Yeah, seriously.  My first truck was bought by my dad and given to me.  It cost $500.  Spewed a quart of oil between Post Falls and Coeur d' Alene.  Dad and I fixed it up and wouldn't you know, it was dead reliable after that.  Loved that truck.

Starting a go fund me for a z car is like the beggar by the freeway with a sign that says "Beer."  Clown shoes.  Fucking clown shoes.  Man up, get yourself a job, or get yourself the knowledge to start fixing up a basket-case Datsun.  After a few years you'll have much more confidence and a whole lot more smarts.  And if you're good, you'll have something you can be proud of and drive reliably somewhere.

• Like 2

What Mike, Matt, and HRH said. It's good you have a dream kid but ya know something, about 99% of the people on this web site never had close to anything you had. It's hard enough for most of us just to put money into our cars to keep them up and running, let alone ALL the other dam bills we have to pay because we don't live at home with mommy and daddy. Your NOT going to get any help here...why? Your asking for a hand out, plain and simple.

To all of us, your saying this, "I'm lazy little bitch that doesn't want to earn the things I own, I want you to hand me monies so I can go buy and not give two shits about it."

Not saying that was what your aiming, but that is the message we are getting. Things that are handed to you and not worked for, are often over looked and never appreciated. I was in your shoes once but if I went round asking people to give me money so I could buy a car for no reason would have gotten my ass kicked right and left. My two cents and also....

IBTL!!!!

• Like 2

Go fund yourself, that's the best advise I have for you. Hand outs are not something given in a car community, especially this one. We drive Datsuns.... DATSUNS!!! we're not rich and we don't have extra money the throw around.....well except tanker, show off....

Go out there and get a job make some money and buy a Datsun, that's what the rest of us did.

• Like 3

I am just learning about "Croudfunding". I have read about it, at first I thought it was a good way to put money together for a potential product such as a 3d printer (intevention, not to buy one) or other business that could be ground breaking. I have no problem helping genius and furthering potential break through's.

But now I am hearing of people such as yourself asking for money to fund any particular whim they may have. This is not for the betterment of the giver or anyone as a whole but a cyber way of panhandling as I see it. This is the same as going to each of our doors and asking for money to buy yourself a Datsun, I know you wouldn't do this but hiding behind a keyboard and asking for the absurd is in itself very weak.

• Like 3

see now you people keep saying to pay for it all on your own and i understand that and agree with those points that being said ive actually considered making one of these to get the things done to the 610 i want to get done lol but i have found other ways to get shit done 

Hi guys and gals,

My names Jeremy and I am running a Go Fund Me campaign to help me acquire another Datsun Z (gofundme.com/vn5z3d5) I had one this last summer and loved it but there was problems, the head gasket was blown and the frame rails were rusted out so I sadly had to sell it because that was too much of a project at the time. Ever since that summer I have been wanting another Datsun. I am currently working at a retirement home outside of school to make it a reality but I figured why not ask other people if they would want to donate to the cause. I may be crazy for trying this but its worth a shot. Thanks for your time and let me know what you think! Good or bad I wouldn't mind feedback or advice for the future. 

Not

... an enthusiast.

• Like 1

Okay thanks for the feedback. I know that it came across as begging for money but that isn't my intention. I was curious as to what peoples response would be and y'all proved to be a good test group lol. Anyways thanks for the read at least and Goodluck with your builds and I will just go back to cruising the forum lol

• Like 1

Okay thanks for the feedback. I know that it came across as begging for money but that isn't my intention. I was curious as to what peoples response would be and y'all proved to be a good test group lol. Anyways thanks for the read at least and Goodluck with your builds and I will just go back to cruising the forum lol

Pleasantly surprised that you didn't get all pissy about it :D
  • Like 4

You can call it funding if you like but it's pan handling, begging, free lunch, on the house.... to anyone who can read. For a person who is obviously capable of funding this himself, asking with a few key strokes? it's just plain offensive. You want Datsun related information? ideas? encouragment? direction? parts? No problem, we have more than you could ever use in ten lifetimes. A free Datsun that isn't appreciated? can't get it fixed when something goes wrong, gets ruined during an ill conceived engine swap and flipped? I imagine the bank told you the same thing. You have no collateral or any vested interest in something that is free. 

• Like 2

So here's the deal, I was running a social experiment for my psychology class. In today's society a lot of young people are seen as people with no drive and dependent on others for everything. So my idea was to prove it this was true or not. So I created the go fund me and posted it up here on Ratsun to see what reactions I would get. True to what it's seen I was seen as a young kid asking for a handout. I was going to leave this up longer but I don't want to offend you guys. This is a great resource for info and I would rather not be banned lol. Datzenmike I can't agree with you more on this, to truly appreciate something you have to work for it otherwise it means nothing. Once again thanks for the feedback

• Like 1

So here's the deal, I was running a social experiment for my psychology class. In today's society a lot of young people are seen as people with no drive and dependent on others for everything. So my idea was to prove it this was true or not. So I created the go fund me and posted it up here on Ratsun to see what reactions I would get. True to what it's seen I was seen as a young kid asking for a handout. I was going to leave this up longer but I don't want to offend you guys. This is a great resource for info and I would rather not be banned lol. Datzenmike I can't agree with you more on this, to truly appreciate something you have to work for it otherwise it means nothing. Once again thanks for the feedback

Smells like bullshit, trying to save face. Like when a child gets caught trying to sneak a cookie when the jar falls and breaks and tries to blame it on an experiment with gravity.

• Like 2