Cursed 720 I think

Background: bought the truck awhile ago off impulse not knowing the long journey this project held 1980 720 standerd cab love it just didn't ran came with a 93 ka-de swap unknown miles an condition swap horriablly wrong trans huging the tunnel motor leaning angest the firewall and it is wired up to never start

Did a lot of beating around after I got the motor started did intend to to a sr swap but life is life and life does what it pleases so I kept the Ka and sent it to get a stock rebuilt so born again Virgin redid mounts she sits like she belongs but now it's a matter of fixing the last guy I bought it from mistakes

Useing this as file to keep track and also file my pictures have a lot

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good start, has potential, just keep on it.

It started up, but was it running good and smooth?

Dont run it more than a few seconds without atleast water and a radiator in there.

Hot spots can develope quick and warp all that hard work, especially on a fresh rebuild, needs to be broken in for 500 miles and change the oil/filter right then and at 1000miles too.

Just a few tips above.....

Need more pics of motor up close and interior, love the 720, addicted to those, especially since you have a unique year, first and last year of that body style (originally the last year of the L20B too).

I just ran it make sure was all electrical was connected right before cleaning up the wires

D7413D29-718E-499F-8C65-B5A4D3A1D0A3_zps

1D2EB57A-B7AA-40F3-A53D-BCB16E4821B2_zps

This is after a long day or extended soldering and cleaning next gonna see what I can tuck I hate electrical

FB9CE3E0-3F22-4CFA-B4ED-A984248F333D_zps

And sorry fort broken English good thing im not on this to please anyone huh

• 2 months later...

Very good start, has potential, just keep on it.

It started up, but was it running good and smooth?

Dont run it more than a few seconds without atleast water and a radiator in there.

Hot spots can develope quick and warp all that hard work, especially on a fresh rebuild, needs to be broken in for 500 miles and change the oil/filter right then and at 1000miles too.

Just a few tips above.....

Need more pics of motor up close and interior, love the 720, addicted to those, especially since you have a unique year, first and last year of that body style (originally the last year of the L20B too).

http://youtu.be/-i2fAjdNRQ8

http://youtu.be/-bm2M7iN9XE

• 2 weeks later...