Low beams are constantly on

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Mike, I'll check when I get home. The fuse box is new and was replaced by the P.O. I definitely remember seeing a heavier guage white wire between the two plugs but not sure on the others

Ok, so i checked the fuse box and there are only two wires coming out between the two plug in connectors......A white heavier gauge and a black with white stripe slightly smaller gauge.  NO RED WIRE to be found.  Whats funny is that there is a Red with Yellow stripe wire with a stock style female butt connector in the harness near the fuse box but it's not connected to anything.......???

MIKE<<<<<<you sir are the man!!!  I owe you a beer BIG TIME!!!  Now I just need to find the correct one.  I'll confirm, but I imagine the red/yellow wire with the female plug near the fuse box is my relay wire.   THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

what I could see from the bos is the bus bar under(inside the fuse box that feeds 2 systems in stead of 1. As I rememered I had this proplem but had no power to the rear brakes and horn or something like that. But remeber the lights also NOT working.

as you say the lights come ON with the switch unplugged. so to me the Fusebox is haveing power. Cant figure out how the ground is applied.

how the PO drive this?????????

MIKE<<<<<<you sir are the man!!!  I owe you a beer BIG TIME!!!  Now I just need to find the correct one.  I'll confirm, but I imagine the red/yellow wire with the female plug near the fuse box is my relay wire.   THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

The Red wire does go to the headlamp relay.... says so in the Dime Quarterly article. The box is wired differently so power IS getting to the headlamps around the headlight switch.

Well that's a relief. The last thing would be a melted wire inside the harness.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike and Banzai,

Thanks so much for your help with my issue....trust me, I have more....hahaha.  I sourced a NOS 3 WIRE fuse box and everything works like it should!!!  Just wanted to thank you guys again  :thumbup:  :thumbup: