Seeking Portland, OR Datsun Mechainc

I am looking for a Portland wrencher to work on my 1979 B210. I want someone who loves these cars as much as I do. I am fairly mechaincal for a girl if I may say so, but sometimes it's just safer to have someone who knows what they are doing. I recently had a craigslist mechainc help me replace the tie-rod ends and now, 3 weeks later, there is a knock in the front left when I go over bumbs. The struts look pretty worn but that's for YOU to find out. I got this car for a good price so I am ready to put some dollars into her to keep rattling down the road. Message me if you are interested or know someone who is. I am located in SE Portland and have a roomy garage to work in if that helps.

Update: Still looking...

The knock turned into a bang so I am parking her until I can get a diagnosis.

I heard about K & M on 122nd & Market.

Has anyone used them or another local professional?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Coral.

The suspension may just he making noise. Quite common. I don't remember it making noise but it looks like that it startwe after a mechanic replaced those tie rods. There's a few bushings ok the struts and a top hat. I'm gonna guess either the top hat or the strut is flopping around from being so old. If you swoop on the parts or come out to Astoria some time I can help find and Fix the problem. I do brakes suspension tires alignments as a living. Ps. Glad to see you got the tie rods done and the key lol.

• Like 1

Wow, that's trippy.  I used to know a Coral who worked at the NAPA main store.  Probably just a coincidence, wouldn't think it's the most common name though.  I'm probably just out of touch.  Izzo's a good guy, he'll help you out.

• Like 1

Should have bought it from a reputable guy in the first place..

:fu:

:lol:

Tim,,  you bastard.

And Welcome to you Coral

• Like 1