1978 Datsun 620 DLX KC-- Let the jealousy Commence

Silvester

Before i go into details, Ill give you some pictures of how i found her, just to wet your whistle. Dipping the tip, per se. 

IMG_1662_zpsm1sqx3zb.jpg

IMG_1660_zpswjnvbpow.jpg

IMG_1661_zpsa2pvv1c2.jpg

IMG_1659_zpsy4zwcbjr.jpg

IMG_1656_zpszovw801e.jpg

IMG_1655_zpsyz0qhouv.jpg

My Datsun addiction has been more rampant than ever. Couple months ago I picked up this this nasty clean 510 wagon: 

IMG_1500_zpsgripycfa.jpg

And as of two weeks ago i'm the proud owner of another 78' 620 DLX 5 spd. with dealer A/C.

As some of you know i already have one identical to this new one, year and all. 

Unfortunately I got her with a slight tick, thinking it was valve clearance issues. Out of nowhere this loud tick turned into an even louder clatter. I quickly shut it down and dissembled the motor to find Cyl. 1 intake valve seat fell out.

IMG_1716_zps68cyndq0.jpg

IMG_1717_zpscd1cwfph.jpg

Not to worry, a nice head rebuild and the truck runs like a sewing machine. Drove it 100 miles to the IE Datsun meet last weekend. 

IMG_1733_zpsmusmiirw.jpg

IMG_1732_zpstney8tur.jpg

IMG_1731_zpsl8679r8k.jpg

Here is how she sits today: 

IMG_1842_zps6ykssi5a.jpg

Enjoy! 

• Like 6
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ban this guy ... his datsun stable is far too awesome...... i hate u and love u all at once.....and even though im not a 620 guy,  thats one clean 620.... like ridiculously clean .. and that wagon i already commented on once today ...not fair bro..... your datsuning is crushing....and epic.... and i hate both those words .  even though they have a positive connotation ....wow just wow

• Like 3