720 leaf springs

Okay I have heard or seen a write up about using 720 4x4 leaf springs to lower trucks without using blocks, well I replaced my 521 leaf springs tonight with 4x4 springs and no change.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you simply take them from the 4x4 and put them in the 521? 

ive done a 720 4x4 leaf swap myself on my 620... 

i took the pack apart and swapped the thick overload on the top, and removed that little overload leaf. didnt need it. 

i had to use a C-clamp to to draw the leafs back together when i had the thick one on the top. used a new allen head 3/8x16 bolt and a nylock nut. 

20140629_133250_zpsodygt3im.jpg

hope this helps.. 

• Like 1

i have done this swap many times and its worked all of the  times ... i change nothing but remove those pads ... and the set on my truck had helper overloads that i removed that had actually de arched the spring ore and i got more lows.... ..... maybe u just put the 521 ones back on on accident 

• Like 1

Nope I labeled the 4x4 springs as soon as I got them, but me and charlie69 did some measuring and we found out that the 521 springs that I took off already had 2 of the leafs removed prior to me buying it back in 2005. So it looks like it did drop about 1 1/2" compared from stock oem 521 leaf packs.

• Like 2