• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning.

My 5yo son and 4yo daughter helped work on the Datsun yesterday, we fabbed up the driver side frame mount and welded it on, will tackle the passenger side and take a few pics.

Will get more done when the wife has our twins here in the next couple weeks we hope, I will be taking a leave of work absence to stay home and help.

There is no drilling or cutting on the Datsun, all fab work is done using 2x2 1/4" box steel frame welded on the donor frame to adapt the body to its stock mounts.

Yes, I do have the front of the Datsun fashia area and the hood latch pieces, cut it out for easy engine/trans in and out access.

Have a good day everyone :)

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...

From the last post here till now I have been working at Jelly Belly as an industrial mechanic and worked rotating shifts so no time on this puppy, till now as I went back to my original job with a better offer.

So, this beast is back on....

Does anyone have a running E1 J13 or R16 motor for sale I can drop back in to bring it original?  I can trade for some L320 or NL320 parts like tailgate, bumpers, cab corners, headlight rings, fuel door, etc...

• Like 2

You need to go to that wrecking yard right away with a fist full of money, it likely has everything you need, you are not likely going to find anything better.

EDIT

I just read the comments on that truck, all the parts except for the engine are gone already. :(

• Like 2

Did this truck spend some time in Alaska, originally from Washington?

I'm not sure of its history, I originally saved it from someone who had already started to cut it for recycler.

That was back in 2003, the floor was cut out, but it was clean titled, tagged, and drove it home barely.

I felt that instead of being restricted to 60mph max on freeway, that I wanted to enjoy it more when driven so the swap began while retaining all original parts,

Asking for the help of everyone, really need these items soon without cash as I dont have it with the new job, I'm not retired, im 36.......

I need NL320 Doors...... or L320 Doors I can mod...... 320 Windshield..... E1/J13 with trans.

I will barter my items listed below to get the above:

- Honda 2800watt portable generator

- NL320 Cab Corners

- NL320 Fuel Door

- NL320 Fuel Filler Cap, Neck, Plastic Surround

- NL320 Headlight Rings (OE Japan)

- NL320 Taillight Bezel

- NL320 Bumper Rear

- NL320 2 Tailgates

- 320 Bumper Front

- 320 Emblem Set

- 320 Turn Signal

- 320 Door/Gate Strikers

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Hogie for the offer on the doors, we were really close to a deal on the L320 ones.

As soon as I get doors and an E1/J13 motor I think I will be able to drop the truck on the orig frame again.

For now I still have it on the 4x4 chassis and kids helping me swap the newer 22R into it still.

• Like 1

I have a 1967 520 J13 with the 4 speed trans.  I do not know the condition of motor of transmission if you are interested PM.  I might be able to bring engine and trans to Fontana.

I am in SW Phoenix but will be in Fontana CA on Saturday for the SWDP Barbecue.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/71833-swdp-10th-annual-barbecue/

You guys are great.... Charlie, Fontana is about halfway between us a 6-7hr drive from Sac for me, I cant justify a trip down there unless its going to Disneyland or Univ Studios :)  

The motor/trans needs to be fairly close by and very cheap or willing to trade for it or their parts truck/car.

Is Farmer on here?

• Like 1

You guys are great.... Charlie, Fontana is about halfway between us a 6-7hr drive from Sac for me, I cant justify a trip down there unless its going to Disneyland or Univ Studios :)

The motor/trans needs to be fairly close by and very cheap or willing to trade for it or their parts truck/car.

Is Farmer on here?

Yes and he has a thread with the motors posted. Blue Lake parts thread

• Like 1

There is a Datsun racing speed shop down in SoCal, I forget the name, and a while back someone here posted pics of the back lot and they have a few parts NL's. I called and he said he wants to sell them hole. Somebody might fill in the blanks.

Good hunting

• Like 1

I understand It will probaly end up going to Tucson after I get back from the barbecue.

I do appreciate the offer, I have 4 young kids and I keep them involved in our projects so it would be pretty tough on the 2yo twins for a 14+hr trip.

If it was NL320 doors I would be already half way there !!! I can get by alittle longer without a motor.

• Like 1

Honestly I'm working on the truck, but its not a Nissan drive train so I'm trying not to post up much related to that.

But I am slowly stripping down the layers of what looks like house paint over the original ruddy brown color on the body.

Time to pull the original frame out and primer/paint it also.

• Like 1