1970 datsun 510 sr20det build

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratwagon is right about the rims. The lip/face contrast really makes them pop. Unfortunately, I bear an irrational hatred of gold, so I say try painting the faces with body color and see how that turns out. Either way though, the car looks great. So does the new one. Pretty clean for having sat for ten years, even in a shed.

Any chance I could see some more photos of that tan 4 door truck? Is that a Toyota or what is it? It is sweet too.

EDIT: I found it in the background of some other photos. Nice looking Toyota. I hate you kiwis a little for getting the import 4 door trucks from 80s. I love my 720 but I have to go to Mexico to find a four door. And yes, I'm fully planning on it. :)

• Like 1

yeah i think il go with the gold centres it does break the colours up a bit, the toyota hilux is a mates car i don't have any photos of it on here but il take some in next couple days, here are a few photos of our workshop with some of my mates cars if you are interested in a look .. as you can see we are quite into old mazdas toyotas and rotarys

IMG_1193_zpsz8vbjrmi.jpg
IMG_1192_zpstawewnao.jpg
IMG_1191_zpsqre1ngbg.jpg
IMG_1190_zpsuit6azik.jpg
IMG_1189_zps2phgsksb.jpg
IMG_1185_zpswomupspn.jpg
IMG_1186_zps5xq9lmny.jpg
IMG_1187_zpszll5dcuh.jpg
IMG_1188_zpso8iikhv7.jpg
IMG_1184_zpsgmg1uxf6.jpg

I'm pretty much up to where i am now with the datsun.. i have put all the interior and door cards back together and all the chrome trims and bumpers/lights etc are all back on. i also bought a full new rubber kit including new screen rubbers boot rubbers door rubbers and weatherstrips. i have just had it down at the auto apolsterers getting new roof lining done as the old one was pretty scruffy. i also decided to get it done in black to match the rest of the interior.. pretty happy with the job they did

IMG_1180_zpsgh02qgdh.jpg
IMG_1181_zpsshkqf1tr.jpg
  • Like 1

now v got a few problems im hoping some of yous can help me with..

1- i got the 280zx brakes up front and still have standard 510 drums in rear i did a bit of research and found that i should run a 280z master cylinder for this setup witch is size 7/8 however when i tried to bleed the brakes the pedal kept going rock sold.. any ideas??

2- the custom 280zx coilovers i had made were made from s13 silvia  coilovers and after taking for a drive recently i found that they were very stiff springs with no travel and they wer topping out like the insert was far too short.. anyone know what springs and inserts people usually use for the 280zx coilover setup?

id apreciate any ideas/info

IMG_1195_zpshss0sx26.jpg
IMG_1183_zpsnxtjpks8.jpg

I have the B210 Booster, 7/8" master cylinder and a turbo that sits right next to the setup, so I went this route for my brakes.  On a road course the pedal feel is slightly firm but really close to like driving a new car.  I like it that way, not to stiff.  Took the guts out of the master cylinder and welded some caps on.  Then I made a reservoir and -4an Teflon lines.  Drilled and tapped for -4an fittings.  Put it all together and now it clears the turbo just fine.  I may yet have to build a small heat shield for either the turbo or master cylinder.  Hope this helps?

20150423_135600_zps6tbcsoyf.jpg

20150423_101547_zps4ecmdoja.jpg