MY NEW DIME!!

Tolkmod

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I'm glad it grew on you quickly.

Thanks!   :thumbup:  It grew on me as soon as I pulled up to the car lol love this little beast.

New OIC's!!

So, for $30 and a little muscle i was able to pry off those NASTY granny spoke hubcaps, those things had to weigh in at about 10lbs each... holy crud they were heavy!

BEFORE!  

20150517_200623.jpg

AFTER!  Thank you $30 cheap hubcaps!

20150517_202046.jpg

• Like 1

looks better, now just remove that Datsun sticker on the door   and black out the windows  (if legal in Cali.).

lol still not sure if i want to remove that, that's stock from the factory baby! 

It's legal to tint anything behind the driver any tint you want, front driver and passenger can't be tinted at all (technically, but everyone does anyways...)  I usually just go with a really light tent on the driver/passenger front windows and dark on the backs.  It off-sets it enough that most cops won't notice.  If they're having a particularly crappy day they'll pull you over, but most just let it go.

Oh, and yeah before anyone asks... That mirror is just messed up lol  I really need to get another one.  So hard to decide what to get though, I need to really take my time with that one.

factory    mmmm you are mistaken.   That is not factory.

lol figures, weird too because every um... person older than me, says that they remember them being like that coming off the dealer lot.  Anyways, no worries.  (shh.. i really don't like them anyways, kinda goofies up the car to much).  

PM on it's way!

lol figures, weird too because every um... person older than me, says that they remember them being like that coming off the dealer lot.  

They are correct. 

But there's a difference between "factory installed" and "dealer installed".   ;)

Pretty much any accessory (luggage rack, louvers, etc) or sticker package was installed by the dealer, as were air conditioning systems. 

I hate it when someone says their Datsun has "factory AC".  :sneaky:

They are correct. 

But there's a difference between "factory installed" and "dealer installed".   ;)

Pretty much any accessory (luggage rack, louvers, etc) or sticker package was installed by the dealer, as were air conditioning systems. 

I hate it when someone says their Datsun has "factory AC".  :sneaky:

lol semantics... dealer installed / factory installed...   It came with the vehicle when it was bought   <_<

doesn't mean i like it though lol It'll probably go quietly into the night sometime soon....

Okay...  Few questions bout this B210.  I'm trying to nail down some future projects (and start saving and planning and such) so I wanted to get some info and details now.

1- Would a L20b Engine and 5-Speed transmission fit (easily, with a few mods, or give up now) in my b210, or would it be more reasonable to go with something like an L18?

2- Rear Breaks, worth working on a swap to disks, along with beefing up the front disks? (I know this will probably come into play if i do an engine swap as well)

I think those are my two biggest questions as of right now, and will help me start chunking away money into the savings as I start building things up and really digging into this b210.

Thanks!

1- Would a L20b Engine and 5-Speed transmission fit (easily, with a few mods, or give up now) in my b210, or would it be more reasonable to go with something like an L18?

Get the engine crossmember and lower control arms from a '68-73 510. They will bolt straight into the car and then the L-series engine is a bolt-in affair. If you can also find an L-series dogleg transmission ('77-79 200SX or 510), or a 68-73 510 4spd trans, it should also be a near bolt-in. You'll also need a '68-73 510 driveshaft to make it all work. It may need to be shortened, but it's the only one with serviceable u-joints and the right input/output flange. 

2- Rear Breaks, worth working on a swap to disks, along with beefing up the front disks? (I know this will probably come into play if i do an engine swap as well)

Beefing up the fronts is more than enough. 280ZX struts/brakes up front and the stock brakes out back will work for almost any carbureted engine you can fit in it.  

Side note to the first point, if you use the B210 control arms, it will widen your track about 1/2" and give you about 2 degrees more negative camber with no other mods. 

• Like 1

am i too late to call this guy out for labling his b210 a dime? 

Yes. :rofl:

But he's not wrong.

This is why I think it's kinda dumb to call a 510 a "dime". The "10" part of the 510 is not unique. It's used by a ton of other cars, including a B210. So really anything with a -10 designation could be a "dime". 

i agree with you to a certain extent, the first guy that called a 510 a dime should have been made to feel really dumb and forced to sit in the corner. ideally a dime would just mean a car, and a truck would be four nickles , or some shit.  but now that it is in our lexicon that a dime is a 510, the impracticality of the name is well past us. when i hear or read the word dime, my mind instantly goes to an imagine of a 510. Even when i clicked on this thread, i was expecting to see a post that was made in the wrong section. 

come on, calling a b210 a dime, is just misleading.

Should I call it my nickle then? lol  2/10 = 5 

:rofl:

That's almost as bad as when i was living in San Francisco, and if you caught someone saying "frisco" you were automatically labeled a 'tourist' and given crap for the duration of your stay.

I personally like calling it my dime, and had called my 710 a dime when I owned it as well (back in the early 90's)  so it's not like I just started it up.  But, to each his own and I had attempted to aqueous earlier but was told to call it whatever i want lol  so that's just what I'll do  :devil:

Thanks for the Engine swap tips Datsunfreak!!   :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 1

They will. Do it.  B)

Really good price too. I just paid $250 for 4 of them. That's $100 for 8. 

Did you buy yours new or used?  The guy who posted that add apparently didn't do it correctly and there was never any contact info posted or I would probably have all 8 with me now lol  If you bought them new, mind sending me a link?

Mine are used, from the 70s. They are only available new in 15" and 17", no more 13" or 14". 

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/VN69/VN0691

And those are about $700-800 a set. 

Figures... there they were, crying out for me to buy all 8... 

Seems to be my luck lately.  My friggin nexus 7 was stolen yesterday while i was at work.  So, yeah... great day for me.

• 2 weeks later...