MY NEW DIME!!

Tolkmod

So, if you've read any of my posts or talked to me at all you know that I have been trying like crazy to get my hands on a 710 for quite some time now.  

Well, that dream died in a ball of fire, then was put out by a steam roller, then doused in gas and lit on fire again...   As soon as I gave up all hope, a friend of mine contacted me and said. "Hey!  Check out this B-210 I found, it's in pretty good condition."  I blew it off and was like "Eh, who wants an ugly b210..." my friend laughed, "Uh, it's almost exactly like your old 710, just check it out."

Best thing I ever did.

Because today I just drove home with, and am the seriously proud owner of this freaking beautiful car.  

1974 Datsun B-210 (4-Door Sedan), with 105k Original miles... I'm not joking, 105k!!!!

This thing is beautiful, CLEAN!!!  So, when i say clean, i mean CLEAN.  All original seats, front and back, (carpet looks amazing, not sure if it's the original though) and it even is the original PAINT! 

There's a few small dents here and there, but absolutely NO rust, I couldn't find a spec ANYWHERE this thing is just amazing.  

ENOUGH TYPING - OIC TIME!!!  ENJOY!!

Parked outside after buying it, and treating my buddy to a burger and fries for finding it, and then driving with me for 1.5 hours to get it! :)

20150516_145613.jpg

Finally home, starting with this beauty shot :D

20150516_155800.jpg

20150516_155813.jpg

20150516_155613.jpg

20150516_155821.jpg

20150516_155553.jpg

20150516_155628.jpg

20150516_155635.jpg

20150516_155640.jpg

20150516_155658.jpg

20150516_150132.jpg

20150516_155705.jpg

20150516_155734.jpg

20150516_155835.jpg

20150516_155905.jpg

20150516_155910.jpg

20150516_155915.jpg

20150516_155920.jpg

20150516_155938.jpg

20150516_155952.jpg

608b8666-aeff-473a-bbd5-d6c174d7d817.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMLTHO, the spoked wheel covers are ghey, but, each to their own.

LOL totally agree, but i seriously JUST got it bout 2 hours ago.  Speaking of that, I NEED NEW RIMS... what the heck will fit this thing without any mods?  Rim size, tire size etc.  Feels like i'm riding on mountain bike tires LOL these things are soooo tiny.  Runs like a champ though!

Maybe scout out a pair of skinny aluminum slots,, for the cheap tire selection........... but i'm cheap ..  Car looks like it was taken care of really well.. 

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Is that a small  dent in passenger door??

Yeah, and it's not very small.  Looks like it cause the paint is so dang good on this car still.  It also has a small dent on the hood.  I found a few slot rims on craigslist, worried they might not fit this car.  The wheels on this thing are seriously tiny!!! I'll find the link and post it, see if you guys think they'll fit.

I'm looking into one of those "paint-less dent removal" services as well.

OH!  And i have plans for the bumpers  :devil:

I'm still torn, when i first saw this car i was like... I'm soooo painting it a different color, orange is just so dang over done with Datsuns.  Now that I see it, I'm actually kinda scared to do to much to it.  I'm going to be doing a LOT of work on the interior as well.  Fixing that dash, replacing some of the weather stripping on the doors, and a few other little odds and ends. And of course I gotta get the tunes going!

The previous owner had a LOT of mechanical work done on it, lots of new parts, upgrades and such but nothing crazy like an engine swap.  Though I have been considering that, it runs like a lawnmower on crack,  still a good motor, but wow... it's granny power lol  I don't want to go crazy, but it really does need some more power.

Nice ride, but I have to point out ''dime'' being a 510 thing. As in, dime quarterly, five n dime, dance of the dime...all 510 related material. That little fucker will look sick with new rims and moar loar. Good find.

You can call it a dime if you want, if others don't like it, too bad. Call it whatever you like

Thanks guys :)   TBH I kind of enjoyed calling it my dime... heck it's small enough lol

Okay...  So searching Craigslist again I found another set.  Really nice, funny though on the add he says they're 4x100, but on the pick on the back of the rim it says they're 4.114.3

Is there a difference?  Would i have to buy offsets for them?  

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/5022721788.html

Edit:

I wonder if I'd have to get really small tires to get those to work.... hum

Okay...  So searching Craigslist again I found another set.  Really nice, funny though on the add he says they're 4x100, but on the pick on the back of the rim it says they're 4.114.3

They are probably 4x100. Notice it lists both on back, that's because Konig used the same mold to cast both wheels from. 

On the d-slots, if you're okay with 13" (at least you can reuse your tires), try searching Mustang II or Pinto wheels. They came on the Mustang II stock in 13x5.5. And I see them on CL regularly for $100 a set. 

I kinda overpaid for mine because they were 14x6 (uncommon size). 

They are probably 4x100. Notice it lists both on back, that's because Konig used the same mold to cast both wheels from. 

On the d-slots, if you're okay with 13" (at least you can reuse your tires), try searching Mustang II or Pinto wheels. They came on the Mustang II stock in 13x5.5. And I see them on CL regularly for $100 a set. 

I kinda overpaid for mine because they were 14x6 (uncommon size). 

I was kind of wanting something a little larger, more substantial on the back.  The fronts I don't mind staying the same size.  I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Sweet 4 door :thumbup:

Lots and lots of wheels fit without poking. I run the 280zx turbo wheels 15x6 -10 (if I remember) just fine on mine, just don't go crazy overboard on the tire size unless you want to roll the fenders. Just keep the total wheel/tire diameter under 24 inches and you will be fine. 205/60R15s will just barely fit in the rear (not the front at all!) but will rub without rolling the fender, 195/50R15 fit well in the front and rear without mods.

The original A13 is a good little engine (75hp), actually makes more HP then some of the later smog A14 engines.

Later model year bumpers 76-78 will bolt up to the same shock mounts and are much lighter, they also sit closer as the 74/75 have shorter shocks.

280zx front brake swap is easy and increases stopping power.

Helper springs will tighten up the rear a bit and also raise it a 1/2 inch or so.

• Like 1

Sweet 4 door :thumbup:

Lots and lots of wheels fit without poking. I run the 280zx turbo wheels 15x6 -10 (if I remember) just fine on mine, just don't go crazy overboard on the tire size unless you want to roll the fenders. Just keep the total wheel/tire diameter under 24 inches and you will be fine. 205/60R15s will just barely fit in the rear (not the front at all!) but will rub without rolling the fender, 195/50R15 fit well in the front and rear without mods.

The original A13 is a good little engine (75hp), actually makes more HP then some of the later smog A14 engines.

Later model year bumpers 76-78 will bolt up to the same shock mounts and are much lighter, they also sit closer as the 74/75 have shorter shocks.

280zx front brake swap is easy and increases stopping power.

Helper springs will tighten up the rear a bit and also raise it a 1/2 inch or so.

Those zx rims look vicious on the b210. OP, Dguy knows his b210 shit forwards and back, I've learned a bunch from him from bullshit sessions at sacdat.

Those zx rims look vicious on the b210. OP, Dguy knows his b210 shit forwards and back, I've learned a bunch from him from bullshit sessions at sacdat.

That's why I'm here :thumbup:   this place, and these people know their stuff!   

So far the search has turned up like 1 or 2 wheels, but no full sets, and nothing that gets me excited at all.  

Just to get rid of those horrid granny spoke hubcaps I'm thinking about getting something like this.  

http://amzn.com/B004E508IQ  (The matte black ones, not the gloss, eeww)

Or maybe just going naked lol

Other than that I just might use these tires until they go bald, and save up money and get me a REALLY nice set of rims for it.  

Oh!  Wanted to ask... I have an absolute TON of play on my shifter (while in gear) I mean, it's so bad it almost feels like it's out of gear.  Don't get me wrong, everything shifts fine 1-4 & R, and I have no trouble finding the gears while shifting, it just is incredibly sloppy while in gear.  Any tips?  A friend of mine said it would be bushings, but I don't even know where to start looking or what to search for.  

I was thinking about posting a small youtube video to show how crazy it is lol

Seriously guys, a billion thanks for all the help so far!