SWDP 8th annual BBQ 8-22-15

Ok the time has come to announce the 8th annual SWDP bbq will be on Sunday August 23 2015 @ Martin tudor park in Fontana CA from 8am till 6.20pm. As in years past the bbq will be pot luck so please bring something for the grill if you can....this system works well & everybody gets a chance to eat. Heres a link to the park with directions & all the info you need to know....

https://www.fontana.org/Facilities.aspx?Page=detail&RID=17

And also in years past a few of us will be booking rooms at the Wig Wam Motel which is a perfect place to hang by the pool & visit on into the night so feel free to stop by after the bbq !

http://www.wigwammotel.com/

More than likely there will be a few people there taking pix for they're online show coverage websites !

Our event is open to any & all old school import trucks & cars not just Datsun trucks & is very family oriented so please no burn outs..attitudes or alcohol [park rules] thanks.

We look forward to seeing you guys & gals there..bring your camera & have fun :thumbup:

2j1adqt.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

will most of the Datsun guys be staying at the wigwam the night of the 21st or the 22nd? I'm booking a room this year..

There goes the neighborhood!  LOL

I am hoping to be there Friday through Sunday this year with my trailer queen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

There is IMPORTANT information to tell You.  This year is going to be VERY different........................ Mark and I will not be attending. Rest assured We WILL be there next year. Both of Our jobs have taken Us away from all truck activities this year. 

PLEASE ! ! !   PLEASE ! ! !     We NEED all of You to pitch in and make this years event happen ! !    Hopefully Guy has reserved the gazebo, I have NOT. If that location is not available, I would like all of You to pick a spot to get together on SUNDAY August 23nd. You all know what to do and bring. I hope You can make it still happen. I will find out if Guy has made presentation plaques and let You know everything I hear. I have been told that Tony, Danny, Austin and Darren will try to make the Bar-B-Que happen. Hopefully Lawrence, Chrisanto, Rucky, Robert, Gene and Charlie can get it to happen.

More details as I get them. Please either PM Me or email Me with suggestions.

THANKS

• Like 2

hey everyone, NEWS update on the BBQ for SWDP  and to all that  would like to attend this year. BBQ WILL BE ON THE 23RD OF AUGUST SUNDAY. WE COULD NOT GET THE PERMIT FOR THE 22ND OF AUGUST IT WAS ALREADY BOOKED. SO IT WILL BE ON A SUNDAY INSTEAD. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD IF U CAN. HOPING EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME AT 775.400.7989  THANKS TONY

• Like 2

Generally the Wigwam has been the "after party" location due to a few of Us staying there. I am doubtful if that will be happening this year. 

I DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE WIGWAM FOR NOT ONLY THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME BUT SECURITY IN FONTANA.

MIKE

• Like 1

OK a big TY to Tony Guy & Mike for the updates. I just edited the original post to read the correct date of the bbq which is SUNDAY August the 23RD. Guy has reserved a gazebo & will be brining most of what we need in terms of tables & bbq supplies & we'll need you guys to pitch in if you can with food & drinks [no alcohol allowed per the park] to ensure everybody can get a plate.This years event will be very low key & relaxed with the possibility of no T shirts or plaque presentation. That being said it will still be a good day to visit with old friends & take truck pics. I have sent out multiple texts to any & all who have attended in the past & if need be ill make some reminder calls in the hopes we get a good turnout. I may or may not be able to attend this year due to my career change & the training associated to that...I want to be there & Ill try hard to attend. PM me here on Ratsun or email me at datsun320620@yahoo.com if you have any questions & ill respond as quick as i can & thanks :thumbup:

• Like 2

Cruznude: Charlie has been busy helping me with Grimace on doing front disc brake swap and going back and forth to bullhead city/kingman, plus he has been busy helping out a vw friend of mine for many years with his vw salvage yard

• Like 1

Folks ! !  First, I want to COMMEND You all for carrying on with Our 8th annual event ! !   You all know that It is the PASSION of Us ALL, not just one or two of Us, that makes this event happen every Year. I will still make every effort to be there but in the final few months of My railroading career I had the opportunity of a lifetime to learn how to operate a locomotive by the new remote control system. Most railroad yards over the past 10 years or so have changed over to this form of operation. The typical locomotive engineer that has been operating locomotives in switching yards all over the country have been removed and a remote control "box" worn on the chest of the switchmen has been adapted. A class opened up in Winslow Arizona and I was accepted to learn the system. Mark is also in Winslow and in the off time We have been able to explore this wonderful part of the country. This is important with all that We both have been having to learn. We both know that all of You will miss Us this year but We also know that work and family come before hobbies. We have been in contact with many of You and have heard that You will be doing Your best to still attend the BarB-Que. Make it the best You can ! !  This is YOUR yearly event ! !

Thank You and the best to You all ! !    Mark and I will be there in spirit ! !  

Mike  

• Like 2