stock oem mirrors

bryant2482

im having the worst time trying to find a oem passenger side chrome mirror for my 720. i keep coming accross the after market ones that are way too small. does anyone have any leads to where i can find one? i already checked the pic a part too

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try sending Harlow a pm. He has a stash of 720 parts and is usually willing to help fellow Ratsun members. He doesn't get on here all that often, so it may take a while for him to respond.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Only have the NICE pair on B#3 that style. Often a dealer applied part......there is a whole myriad of different mirror styles. Loath the style on my black 80kc.

I prefer the 80-84approx factory G.M. pick-up mirrors(silverado). U can use the 2 factory holes in the door and drill the third. Stainless cover hides the bolts. U can fold mirror back and forth on obstacles without tweeekin' the surrounding sheetmetal ~see passenger door on black truck. Mirrors on my dearly 'departed' 82' brown truck were frequently folded back-forth on fences/trees etc...no distortion 2 the sheetmetal.P1050126.jpg

P1050124.jpgP1050120.jpgP1050117.jpg

• 7 years later...

I know this topic is old, and most people don't like the oversized truck mirrors, but I'm wondering what the process of installing the bigger mirrors is like. Has anyone done this? It seems like most people go the opposite way, replacing the big metal mirrors with the small plastic ones. 

I'm sick of my small plastic ones since I'm too tall to properly see out of my passenger mirror - I can never get it adjusted correctly as it won't fully go up.

To install, I know I would need to drill some holes in my door which is why I'm a bit hesitant. But once the holes are there, what else do I need so the screws on the new mirror will fasten in? 

For reference, this is my truck with the smaller mirrors I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/VAdJUF0

It wouldn't let me post the image for some reason

I'm looking to put mirrors in like this: P1050126.jpg

This will work to get the screws into the door..When I bought my 85 720 in 92,the passenger door didn't have a mirror,guess it was a option back then,I bought one from Nissan and bought the plastic inserts from Nissan too.if you look up the passenger side mirror on the Nissan site,it doesn't show one..https://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html and some mirrors.https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ksc-h3721?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhqaVBhCxARIsAHK1tiOMmImg_-pCMhuAxQkrRdpQKO0jHFrDSF8M-Xe3Nru_kmf9ZKRsEE8aAiSGEALw_wcB

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1