best size wheels for b310

jmsn

Im new here and don't know what size wheels to get for my stock b310 it is completely stock and i just purchased the car so im pretty new at the datsun thing. :) can someone tell me what they'd reccomend? and how wide i can go without rolling my gaurds too much or at all?1601576_458855300928908_7352219611547683

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, stock is 155-13, but I ran mine with 165's for years. The only reason why I ended up buying 155s recently is because they were cheaper. I wish I could put 14 inch wheels on her because I really want to put skull and crossbones hubcaps on her, but I don't know too much about how to pull that off.

Best conservative fit, 14x6, 14x7, 15x6, or 15x7 in the +10 range up front (or +0 with 280ZX struts), and a +0 out back, with 195 tires.

Best aggressive fit, the aformentioned 14x7 -9 combo, or a 15x8 +0 with a 195/50-15, 280ZX struts up front and rolled lips in the back.

• 2 months later...

I've been curious if I could fit 15x8 with 0 offset on my 1982 b310 wagon anyone have any pics of the fittment

15x8 +15 front, 15x8 +0 on the rear with a 195/45-15:

P1080499.jpg

P1080500.jpg

P1080503.jpg

To run a zero offset, you'll need to swap in 280ZX struts up front.  :thumbup:

And I hope you like stretched tires, because otherwise you're doomed.   ^_^

• Like 2

I'd like to run some different wheels but I don't know what to get either.  The stock 280zx turbo wheels look cool.  I'm currently running 185/60/14's but they rub just a little.  I think the rubbing is due more to the wheel size than anything else.

I'd like to run some different wheels but I don't know what to get either.  The stock 280zx turbo wheels look cool.  I'm currently running 185/60/14's but they rub just a little.  I think the rubbing is due more to the wheel size than anything else.

What rims are you using? The rim positions the wheel in toward the vehicle (positive offset) or out from the vehicle (negative offset) also known as off set. 

If your fronts are rubbing the frame on turns they may be too positive. If rubbing the fender lip, too negative. If front or rear rub the fender lips on bumps then they are sticking out too far and are negative and need to be more positive offset. You can usually tell just by looking and imagining the wheel and tire moved in or out for added clearance.

In some cases the vehicle is just too low and the front fender lip will come down on the outward turned tire during turns.

You may be able to use a narrower tire that pulls the tread inward towards the rim center for added clearance but they start to look 'hella stretched'. Proper rim offset is the key to good tire to body fit.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

_MG_3977_zpssxtfg6vx.jpg

_MG_3974_zps8aseusns.jpg

_MG_3973_zps7ydxo5zp.jpg

I haven't rolled the lips at all yet and didn't noticed any rubbing yet. Rears are 14x8+12 with 185/55 and the fronts are 14x6.5+0 with 165/60. I'm running 280zx front struts as well, seems like you could roll the fender and probably get another 1" of wheel to tuck in the rear just fine. However the front seem to already sit almost on the fender line. I don't really have much to add to this topic but I saw it and had some wheels laying  around. I figured pics can never hurt