Wagon Wiring Woes. (is there a diagram?!)

Great, now I expect to show up tomorrow to find ashes where my wagon used to be... don't say things like that. (Good suggestion, though)

To fix the hi-beams, i studied the diagrams for the relay, and then took my stock relay apart. A PO had 7 wires in the connector, and there are only 5 poles on the relay, so things obviously weren't right. I ditched a second ground wire (which led up toward the front right marker light... I'll deal with that later) and shuffled most of the wires so that one ground served the low and high circuits.

The parking lights came back when I identified and plugged in the correct wires. Between that wagon diagram and a sedan diagram i have, I found everything needed. It's as if my wagon was a hybrid of the two.

Of course, when I taped up the harness and tucked it back in, I lost pretty much all of the lights. Sure, I cried for a while, but eventually noticed that a single pin had pushed out of the light switch connector. With that back in place, everything worked again.

17000331304_2990ccdc16_z.jpg

17622851995_d71bf11e22_z.jpg

17596525836_aa83b40bde_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Electrically speaking 521s are really not like 510s at all."

That is true.  Butwire colors are much more similar that you would think.  A thick red wire with a white stripe handles current for high beam headlights, on both a 510, and a 521.  On a 521 the wire is on the hot side of the headlight, between the headlight, and the headlight relay.

On a 510, the red wire with a white stripe is on the ground side of the headlights, and the headlight relay.

• Like 1