low oil pressure lz22

So my oil light keeps coming on when I take turns as well as when I just cruise around. It's not constantly on, but it comes on enough to worry me. I have a fresh lz22 with a brand new ka24e oil pump. The oil pressure sensor is brand new too. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure the pump is good, but has anyone had similar problems? I also think my oil pickup tube is bent from when I crushed my oil pan into my sump on my old l16. Would just like some second opinions.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the oil pickup tube is bent you're probably sucking air.  Every time the light comes on you have WAY too little oil pressure (some folks call those the "Chuck engine light").    They come on at around 6PSI.  You're doing damage if it comes on at anything above idle.

• Like 1

The oil pressure sensor is brand new too. 

I also think my oil pickup tube is bent from when I crushed my oil pan into my sump on my old l16.

Start here.

Sender being new is no guarantee it's good. You can replace the sender easily enough. If it's passes you're going to have to lift the engine and inspect the pick up tube for cracks or splits. Also measure how much it hangs down and how deep the oil pan is. Does the dip stick read properly when you have changed the oil and have the required 4 Qts put in?

get a oil pressure gauge and try it.I went back tothe stock as the plastic lines get brittle and crack and can be shit out of luck

This happened to my gauge, holy hell did it scare me..Nope! Just broken plastic shit... copper one even broke, but that was my own bad.

Buy a gauge!

If you are unsure about the pan or pickup, remove the pan. Clean it. Put some clay at the bottom of the pan. Install the pan... remove the pan.. look at the impression that the pickup tube left. Measure it.

Is there too much or too little clearance?

• Like 1