clutch question..

I got a 69 521. L16 4spd. Hasnt ran in 15 years, however I have a fresh L18 for it. Gonna replace clutch while motors out. What clutch do I need? I heard there was two different sizes. Wanna make sure Im getting the correct one. Or if the l16 clutch would work for the L18? Keeping 4spd for now...thanks dudes!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L-16, and L-18 most likely use the same clutch, 200 MM diameter.

If the L-18 came out of a 620, it might have a 225 MM clutch, I think.

If you want a good stiff pressure plate that will give you a strong left leg, get a 200 MM pressure plate for a 2000 Roadster.

'74 only 620 had L18 and a 225mm clutch. You will need the clutch and the matching collar that holds the release bearing. The L16 collar won't do for a 225mm clutch. Measure across the shiny friction face on the flywheel or the clutch disc if you have it. 

If you have a L16 its 98% a 200mm flywheel. You can order a stock 510/521 exedy kit.

if you want more get the Roadster. T/O bearing and sleeve will be all the same for what I just mentioned.

stock is a weak 350KG but just fine for a daily driver.

Just put the L16 flywheel on L18 or just mate up if the same.

Make sure no grooves in FW.

long time ago I was cheap and didnt resuface my flywheel and was replacing clutches ever year. till I surfaced the flywheel and lasted forever. UNless you know its good